British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   ****ing idiot black dog (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/%2A%2A%2A%2Aing-idiot-black-dog-857629/)

Greenhill May 5th 2015 3:05 pm

****ing idiot black dog

"****ing idiot black dog", that's what a workman called Ska the other day.

Technically, the phrase is correct. Ska, although he's a purebred tricolour border collie, is mostly black. (At least his back and sides are.)

And yes, he is a complete ****ing idiot. That's a well-known fact.

But the use of the phrase has lead me to believe that the workman is a racist.

Just when will haters stop hating?

Former Lancastrian May 5th 2015 3:28 pm

Re: ****ing idiot black dog

Not really as naming your dog Ska based on it being the musical genre that originated in Jamaica in the 1950s would tend to lead the workman to believe that your dog is indeed black and therefore cannot be considered racist.
Was your dog offended? Did he report this to the Police as a hate crime? Will the dog be lodging a formal complaint with the Human Rights agency?
Some people just love to play the race card :p

magnumpi May 5th 2015 3:28 pm

Gee was he drawing/painting Mohamad cartoons and the dog knocked over his paint pot?

Teaandtoday5 May 5th 2015 3:30 pm

My mutt is ginger. I believe the red-haired amongst us believe they are a discriminated against group ( or perhaps i lived in Scotland too long?). Having swept up enough fur this morning to make at least one spare dog, it is possible that the names I called him make me a much of a bigot as the man you encountered.

not2old May 5th 2015 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Greenhill (Post 11637534)

Something is missing in this ....

What do you believe provoked the remark?

A few days have passed, looking back, was there any reason that comes to mind that may have caused the offensive remark, such as the dog barking, taking a snap at the workman, peeing or shiting on something, or you telling ska to go take a bite?

Greenhill May 5th 2015 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by not2old (Post 11637563)
What do you believe provoked the remark?

I think, at the time, Ska was trying to assert his authority over a Labrador Retriever - a comparatively large dog that probably weighs 2-3 times his own weight.

In Ska's mind, he seriously believes that he's a very territorial, fully grown alpha male wolf, you see. Which usually means humiliation when he attempts to exhibit how "powerful" he is.

In fact, the last "fight" he got into, ended with him submitting when his opponent, a slightly taller female mix, literally mounted him doggy style and gave him a bit of a humping.

Jerseygirl May 5th 2015 5:45 pm

My daughter tells me I shouldn't say 'white man' when the signal changes to cross the road.

plasticcanuck May 5th 2015 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 11637666)
My daughter tells me I shouldn't say 'white man' when the signal changes to cross the road.

Out of the mouths of babes, methinks.

not2old May 5th 2015 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 11637666)

curious as to what she wants you to say?

Or is she mused because its not a 'white woman'?

Jerseygirl May 5th 2015 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by not2old (Post 11637707)
curious as to what she wants you to say?

Or is she mused because its not a 'white woman'?

'Time to cross' or something similar I suppose. What do I care...I still shout 'white man'. :D

not2old May 5th 2015 7:19 pm

yeah I know, blame the 'racist whoever it was' that put up the 'white' luminous [white] crossing figure. Or just a simple Green blob (for go now) or Red X for stop

Oink May 5th 2015 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Greenhill (Post 11637534)

Technically, the phrase is correct. Ska, although he's a purebred tricolour border collie, is mostly black. (At least his back and sides are.)

And yes, he is a complete ****ing idiot. That's a well-known fact.

But the use of the phrase has lead me to believe that the workman is a racist.

Just when will haters stop hating?

Then just shoot him. There's no law against it if its your dog. :confused:

Greenhill May 5th 2015 8:42 pm

I was half-thinking that the other day, after he cornered the FedEx man and got him all upset :(

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11637777)
Then just shoot him. There's no law against it if its your dog. :confused:

Greenhill May 5th 2015 8:54 pm

1 Attachment(s)
The "****ing idiot black dog":

not2old May 5th 2015 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Greenhill (Post 11637801)
I was half-thinking that the other day, after he cornered the FedEx man and got him all upset :(

:huh:

from the OP, the truth is out in the open that the 'workman' was the FedEx guy ;)

Don't shoot the dog just yet