Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Malta
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Malta? - My List

Where to live in Malta? - My List

Old May 28th 2016, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Mimi53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live in Malta? - My List

Hello I am considering a move to Malta and need some advice. I have compiled a list to help.

Here is what I do want (below is what I don't want)

Ok, I do want:

To be near the sea.

To be near public transport (I don't drive)

To be near many English speaking ex-pats as I will be running a practice

For those ex-pats to be the type of people who would interested in therapy /coaching/ personal development - for individuals, couples, groups.

For those ex-pats to be people who would be able to fund that personal develpment

Friendly people :-)

Access to vege foods

A very good internet connection

I don't want:

To be miles from anywhere
To be away from the water
To be too close to touristy noisy bars etc
To be too far from towns/city

Can you get me started on some suggestions?
Old May 28th 2016, 8:37 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in Malta? - My List

if you have yet to visit Malta, I would suggest a two week recce, from which you will quickly see how small, noisy & overcrowded place it is. Malta being the most densely populated place in Europe

With just 122 sq miles (316 km2) the total population is approx 450,000 (approx 1265/sq mile) with the largest concentration in & around Valletta metropolitan area nearing 355,000.

Look at Gozo, folks dont need a vehicle for the reason they can walk the smaller island from the centre in any direction within one-hour

Suggest that you google business offering coaching/personal development

http://www.whatson.com.mt/en/events/...port-group.htm

timesofmalta.com - General, sporting, and business news for Malta and the surrounding region

As for the best place to live, I guess that depends on your work or business, as well - the sea is not far from anywhere inside Malta.

Its hot in the summer, cold & damp in the winter due to accommodation with no central heating or double glazing.

Last edited by not2old; May 28th 2016 at 8:41 pm.