Reload this Page >

we are moving to Malta!

we are moving to Malta!

Old Oct 29th 2014, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

newpin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default we are moving to Malta!

Hello,

Thanks to good advice on here , we have finally decided to move to Malta in December and have a place already booked to stay for a while.

Could anyone confirm that the following points are satisfactory?

1. My husband is Japanese, so he doesn't need a visa to enter Malta.
2. We both have return flight tickets to Japan.
3. We will have sufficient savings to see us through for a while.

And I am wondering what we should say at the airport when we arrive in Malta?

Thank you in advance !

Old Oct 29th 2014, 4:27 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we are moving to Malta!

congratulations newpin

I think maybe this thread should be over on the Malta thread

To answer your question - a Japanese citizen does not need a visa to enter Malta as a visitor & can stay up to 3 months

FYI - just in case, you may want to bookmark this for your husband

http://www.consuls-malta.org/members?id=japan

Last edited by not2old; Oct 29th 2014 at 4:41 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for moving the post to the correct place.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Would really appreciate any information on doing the SS route in Malta.

Have read the blog "An Undivided Family.." which was useful and interesting. but there was no mention of how to handle immigration at the airport when coming into Malta or what kind of job was found ..

Please share any other blogs / links /info on SS route in Malta.

I'm particularly worried about what we should say at the airport.

Thanks in advance!

Old Oct 30th 2014, 1:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newpin

Have read the blog "An Undivided Family.." which was useful and interesting. but there was no mention of how to handle immigration at the airport when coming into Malta or what kind of job was found ..

Please share any other blogs / links /info on SS route in Malta.

I'm particularly worried about what we should say at the airport.

Thanks in advance!

Hi mate - if I were you, (now keep in mind I have no experience on the matter) i'd say the truth: you are coming into malta to exercise your freedom of movement with your non-EU husband, which is his right as well as yours, as an EU citizen and a spouse of one. I can't see how they can argue with that, especially given you've return tickets to JP.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 11:05 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, butting in from the France forum where there have been queries about stopping off in France on the SS route.
Have a look in the Moving Back to the UK section of BE, where there's useful info from those who have done it.
Old Dec 24th 2014, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

hello ,
Well my husband and I finally made it to Malta. we arrived yesterday.
I was anxious about going through immigration and what to say, but as we came via Germany , (Schnengen) we just came right out of the airport, no immigration checks at all. My husband has a VISA stamped in his passport from Germany, but it doesn't say for how long. Presuming 3 months? anyway, what do we do now? I have read plenty of info on how to go about thing in Dublin and other countries, but how about Malta? would aprreciate any advice.
Thanks!!!
Old Dec 24th 2014, 10:58 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

hello ,
Well my husband and I finally made it to Malta. we arrived yesterday.
I was anxious about going through immigration and what to say, but as we came via Germany , (Schnengen) we just came right out of the airport, no immigration checks at all. My husband has a VISA stamped in his passport from Germany, but it doesn't say for how long. Presuming 3 months? anyway, what do we do now? I have read plenty of info on how to go about thing in Dublin and other countries, but how about Malta? would aprreciate any advice.
Thanks!!!
Hi, I'm not an expert, but if you're aiming for the SS route to take your non-EU spouse to the UK, shouldn't your next step be to get a job, or at least to start gathering documentation that you've transferred your centre of economic interests to Malta, if you're self-employed?

I don't think just being in Malta for a few months living off savings is going to work out too well for you.
Old Dec 25th 2014, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Novocastrian. Sorry, I wasn't very clear, jet-lagged and tired from the long flight. I need to apply for my PPS (Ireland route) .. but what is the equivalent of the PPS in Malta? Before I get a job I need to get my PPS and open a bank account. But, presumably I need an address before I apply ?
which do I do first?
what documents do I need to rent a place in Malta?
Now we have a holiday apartment to tide us over, but this won't satisfy the requirments for the SS route.
Any help much appreciated.
Thank you.
Old Dec 25th 2014, 2:27 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

E-ID Cards | Identity Malta

Merry Christmas.
Old Dec 25th 2014, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you and Merry Christmas !
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

supersteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Newpin,
I know your last post a few months ago, but I'd be really interested to find out how you and your husband have been getting on in Malta.
I would like to return to the UK with my Japanese wife, via Malta, attempting the same route as you.
I might send you a personal message if thats possible.
Thanks
Steve
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 6:58 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Steve, FYI

http://britishexpats.com/forum/malta...-malta-844728/

BritCits

Last edited by not2old; Jun 23rd 2015 at 8:48 pm. Reason: added link