Reload this Page >

Wanting to move to malta advice needed

Wanting to move to malta advice needed

Old May 25th 2014, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Njcdec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanting to move to malta advice needed

Originally Posted by tikka
I was renting an apartment in the central area (although in Malta there's no far away )
Properties in malta are very expensive to buy you have to be careful what to buy as there are a lot of pitfalls,
Send me a message when you re in Malta so i can help you out
Ok thanks i will prob rent somewhere with big garden or land to be able to run business
Old Jun 30th 2014, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

JOHNNIEBGOODE is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nic

I am a British expat and have lived in Malta and Gozo for the last 30 years. My wife and I are preparing to go the other way to the UK due to retirement age and family reasons. We have 2 very nice properties for sale (long let would be considered) if you were looking for a place to call home. Both properties in Gozo, very well furnished, one 4 bed modern farmhouse with pool and the other 3-bed modern apartment. My wife and I have made up our minds and are definitely looking to sell up. We would even consider a swap in the UK. If you're interested at all please get in touch through this forum for more details. Rgds, John
Old Jun 30th 2014, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JOHNNIEBGOODE
Hi Nic

I am a British expat and have lived in Malta and Gozo for the last 30 years. My wife and I are preparing to go the other way to the UK due to retirement age and family reasons. We have 2 very nice properties for sale (long let would be considered) if you were looking for a place to call home. Both properties in Gozo, very well furnished, one 4 bed modern farmhouse with pool and the other 3-bed modern apartment. My wife and I have made up our minds and are definitely looking to sell up. We would even consider a swap in the UK. If you're interested at all please get in touch through this forum for more details. Rgds, John
Damn if it were 3 years from now i'd ask where the flat is and how much per month (long let) . Bummer
Old Aug 21st 2014, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Earlster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, I too am interested in a move to Malta. I know little about life on the island(s), apart from where it is. I am trying to work out the best way forward to starting a Maltese business, predominantly working (invoicing) the European mainland ie. France, Germany, Italy etc. All revenue that I foresee at this stage would be from abroad ie. Non Maltese.
Would anyone know of a good local accountancy firm that I could contact to help with setup? Providing I could get this sorted with relative ease would also determine when I´d be likely to move there with my wife and 2 kids.
Any thoughts, advise greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 30th 2014, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

movingtomalta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JOHNNIEBGOODE
Hi Nic

Hi John,

Are your properties still available for a long term let?

Best,
MTM
Old Dec 1st 2014, 8:22 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Earlster
Hi guys, I too am interested in a move to Malta. I know little about life on the island(s), apart from where it is. I am trying to work out the best way forward to starting a Maltese business, predominantly working (invoicing) the European mainland ie. France, Germany, Italy etc. All revenue that I foresee at this stage would be from abroad ie. Non Maltese.
Would anyone know of a good local accountancy firm that I could contact to help with setup? Providing I could get this sorted with relative ease would also determine when I´d be likely to move there with my wife and 2 kids.
Any thoughts, advise greatly appreciated.
2nd post in the following thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/malta...-malta-808371/
Old Jan 5th 2015, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

greenerside is an unknown quantity at this point

Really need some advise on the new conditions, we are planning to move in the next few months and after researching for a long while! and having visiting Gozo we are almost ready. We are a family with three children, already spoken to schools and have have a good idea about most of what we have to do. The sticking point is proof of savings, is this necessary if I'm applying as self employed using the Employment/Self Employment- CEA Form A, my wife will also be applying to HSBC. I thought that if you registered as Self-Employed and applied for eResidence Card paying NI that was ok? or do I have to have savings as well, we have about £5000 saved after flights etc, Thanks in advance. Joe
Old Feb 28th 2015, 9:00 am
Just Joined

greenerside is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Thank you for your help in advance. My wife and I are trying to find out the best way that we can secure our move to Malta/Gozo. As we have already mentioned I was looking at being self employed and my wife was applying to HSBC on arrival. But, we want to make sure that if once we have secured work, what the rules are if my wife takes up self employment, say after 6months or a year after. Will this affect our eResidence? Hope this makes sense!

Many Thanks Joe
Old Mar 5th 2015, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

You are EU citizens and as long as you aren't breaking any laws they can't really deport you... So no change of status does not affect your eResidence. As long as you are British citizens on British EU passports you will be fine.