Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Malta
Reload this Page >

Need advice on furniture removal in Malta

Need advice on furniture removal in Malta

Old Aug 6th 2014, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Freshfields is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advice on furniture removal in Malta

I may need to move my belongings and furniture delivered by ship from UK from the harbour to my new home. How do I go about thisand what is it likely to cost?

Also can anyone recommend a good cheap affordable removal firm or van hire service? May also need to move furniture I have been offered from someone who is leaving a couple of miles to my new home. How much would it cost to hire a removal van for an hour or two?
Old Aug 7th 2014, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

roger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Need advice on furniture removal in Malta

Impossible to reply constructively but anyone sensible would search Google or Yellow Pages - Wouldn't they? RR
Old Aug 7th 2014, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Obviously...but there is no way of telling if a firm listed in Yellow Pages is reliable is there, unless you have some mystic powers of knowing if they are any good from the basic info in a listing???
Here in UK "white van man" has a bad reputation for poor service, breaking goods in transit, unreliability and overcharging. Not having ever hired a van or other removal service in Malta I can't comment on what your removal people are like.
That's why I wanted an honest opinion and recommendation from someone local
Obvious innit??
Old Aug 8th 2014, 4:49 am
Just Joined

roger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of light

If you hire a local established Company they would provide insurance and help you with the paperwork, Customs etc.
Pay peanuts...........get monkeys Get some quotes. A move like this can be extremely stressful so give yourself a break and do your homework.
RR
Old Aug 8th 2014, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

DOn't need help with customs etc as international removal firm will handle all paperwork. I just need a good reliable local firm to transport my stuff a few miles from harbour to home once it has cleared customs and also for the furniture I have been offered which is less than 2 miles away from my new home
Which "local established company" were you referring to? Contact details would be helpful please