Reload this Page >

Moving out from Malta

Moving out from Malta

Old May 1st 2014, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

slimjim00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving out from Malta

Hi everyone!

I happened to move out from Malta over a year ago. I had applied to get a residence certificate and it was issued before the e-ID came to replace it. I never went to the office to pick up the certificate as I moved out just a couple of months later when the certificate was issued.

When I moved out of Malta I did not return my ID or go to the ID office to 'deregister'. I was said by a HR employee that is not needed. I am confirmedly out of the tax system by my employer and I am not in the Maltese social security system as my home country took care of that with the Maltese authorities.

The question is: If I have the old ID card and a residence permit issued (but not picked up), is there anything that I need to do? :P P.s. I am an EU citizen.

Last edited by slimjim00; May 1st 2014 at 7:21 pm.
Old May 2nd 2014, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving out from Malta

Originally Posted by slimjim00
Hi everyone!

I happened to move out from Malta over a year ago. I had applied to get a residence certificate and it was issued before the e-ID came to replace it. I never went to the office to pick up the certificate as I moved out just a couple of months later when the certificate was issued.

When I moved out of Malta I did not return my ID or go to the ID office to 'deregister'. I was said by a HR employee that is not needed. I am confirmedly out of the tax system by my employer and I am not in the Maltese social security system as my home country took care of that with the Maltese authorities.

The question is: If I have the old ID card and a residence permit issued (but not picked up), is there anything that I need to do? :P P.s. I am an EU citizen.

Nope, not if you are out of the social security system as you said. Nothing you need to do. Are you planning to move back to Malta? If so the certificate that isn't picked up would be void and you would need to apply anew for eResidence. Your old ID card would be invalid too. As an EU citizen you would have no problem applying for eResidence if needed.