Reload this Page >

Melita chasing me for money

Melita chasing me for money

Old Jul 17th 2016, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

davidainger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melita chasing me for money

Hi All,

I previously lived in Malta but left to return to the UK in November 2014.

I have just had an email from Melita chasing me for an outstanding bill of 757 euros.

When i left the country i submitted a request to close down my account and disconnect me in accordance with their 30 day notice period. I followed all theor instructions, paid my final bill and returned all equipment to their head office in person.

Has anybody else had this experience with Melita and does anybody have any advice for me?

I have most of the enail trail between myself and Customer Services from the time.

Ive also noticed they've got my middle and surname incorrect so are they able to chase me?

Any advice or info hugely appreciated.

Cheers

David
Old Jul 28th 2016, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melita chasing me for money

Originally Posted by davidainger
Hi All,

I previously lived in Malta but left to return to the UK in November 2014.

I have just had an email from Melita chasing me for an outstanding bill of 757 euros.

When i left the country i submitted a request to close down my account and disconnect me in accordance with their 30 day notice period. I followed all theor instructions, paid my final bill and returned all equipment to their head office in person.

Has anybody else had this experience with Melita and does anybody have any advice for me?

I have most of the enail trail between myself and Customer Services from the time.

Ive also noticed they've got my middle and surname incorrect so are they able to chase me?

Any advice or info hugely appreciated.

Cheers

David
It sounds like they did not close down the account.

Melita's admin has deteriorated a lot in the last few years. I dont think they bother to read anything. Nevertheless maybe send it all in again, by email attachment stating you had to leave the island under reasons of force majeure and paid up your final bill. Did you get a receipt for that final bill?

I think it is unlikely they will be able to do anything. Going to court takes years and its not worth it for them.