Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Malta
Reload this Page >

Marriage, Malta and moving to the UK...

Marriage, Malta and moving to the UK...

Old Jul 18th 2015, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage, Malta and moving to the UK...

Originally Posted by Sola1
Hi guys,

We were refused a marriage/visitor (c) visa for Ireland today. They gave many different reason for the refusal which are baffling especially when my fiancé and myself provided overwhelming good evidences of our relationship and finances etc. but what can you do?! We could appeal all the refusals but this can take upto 8 weeks to receive a final decision which in during that time our proposed wedding day on September 23rd would be past! You also need to be together in Dublin 5 working days before the wedding to finish off all the relevant marriage registry necessities etc.! That's not going to happen, is it!

So, Malta seems like our last realistic hope of getting into my own country on the EEA FP! I've been flicking through most of the links you guys have posted above and they are helpful. Can I give you a poor hypothetical that isn't too far from the truth?! Imagine I've just been plonked on earth and haven't the slightest clue about this SS route. I'm not married to my fiancé and she has been plonked in the Philippines, somewhere in the south! Can you help me with a step by step guide (literal dummies guide!) of how to go about this process via Malta, keeping in mind we aren't married yet and I'm in England and she's over there at this moment of time?!

Any help?!

Thanks in advance! :-)
What were the reasons for refusal? Depending on what they were you might find the same refusal when a) trying to marry in Malta and b) applying for the Family permit for the UK

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Jul 18th 2015 at 10:17 pm.