Malta tax

Old Jul 24th 2014, 8:15 am
Just Joined

slimjim00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Malta tax

Hi,

Could someone advise me with this? I moved away from Malta around a year ago when I quit my job on the island. I returned to my home country, which is an EU country as well. I kept my Maltese bank account as I had VISA card linked to it, which is something that I don't have in my home country. I've transferred some of my money (around 1000 eur in 2014) to my Maltese bank account from my bank account in my home country, in order to book flights & hotels etc, something that I am not able to do with my domestic card.

I've not been present in Malta for a year and in 2013 I was present for approximately 150 days. As the money I transferred to my Maltese account was my own money from my own account, am I subject to report anything to the Inland Revenue (the source of money is my income in my home country, made from employment in the home country & taxes are already paid there. For instance, got a salary of 2k EUR to my account in my home country, and then transferred 1000 EUR to my Maltese account)? It is also worth mentioning that the Maltese account itself is now closed as I hardly used it.

Thanks!

Last edited by slimjim00; Jul 24th 2014 at 8:33 am.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 11:45 am
Just Joined

roger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of lightroger.rabat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Malta tax

Given that the facts are as you have stated and that your question applies only to the monies and accounts detailed then you do not have any tax liability in Malta. There is no reason to make any declaration.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malta tax

Originally Posted by roger.rabat
Given that the facts are as you have stated and that your question applies only to the monies and accounts detailed then you do not have any tax liability in Malta. There is no reason to make any declaration.
+1