British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malta (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malta-168/)
-   -   Malta is number one (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malta-168/malta-number-one-845357/)

not2old Oct 18th 2014 2:22 pm

Malta is number one

according to this

Is Malta the best place on earth to retire? - timesofmalta.com

Gozit Oct 18th 2014 3:21 pm

Re: Malta is number one

Yes :D

teejaydee Oct 19th 2014 12:18 am

Originally Posted by not2old (Post 11442385)

More accurately, according to three individuals, no doubt hand-picked by the company which organised the survey. I am always sceptical when I see this sort of survey. Usually the company behind it has a vested interest which it wants to promote.

I have no doubt it would be just as easy to find three more individuals who would give a totally opposite view to those given in the article.

Of more interest to me are the comments given at the bottom of the article.

BritInParis Oct 19th 2014 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Gozit (Post 11442423)
Yes :D

You're got about 50 years to go my friend so don't get too excited ;)

not2old Oct 19th 2014 10:14 am

Originally Posted by teejaydee (Post 11442815)
More accurately, according to three individuals, no doubt hand-picked by the company which organised the survey. I am always sceptical when I see this sort of survey. Usually the company behind it has a vested interest which it wants to promote.

I have no doubt it would be just as easy to find three more individuals who would give a totally opposite view to those given in the article.

agree on all your points & the fact 'its only a survey'

Latest survey in the Telegraph done by another group puts Spain back on top as the number one spot for Brit retirees.

Who the heck are you going to believe?

Those retired & living in any place will likely tell you 'its the best place on earth to live' ... its all down to personal choice.

I trust you find yours OP

not2old Oct 19th 2014 10:16 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 11442841)
You're got about 50 years to go my friend so don't get too excited ;)

lol

scot47 Oct 22nd 2014 12:50 pm

If it had been any good, the Ottomans would have grabbed it !

Gozit Oct 22nd 2014 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 11446268)
If it had been any good, the Ottomans would have grabbed it !

I guess you brits didn't make a very good decision then ;):sneaky:

scot47 Oct 23rd 2014 12:03 pm

Brits only got it long after the Ottoman Empire started crumbling to dust.

the troubadour Nov 26th 2014 4:52 am

Not such thing as the best place on earth in my view. That is hyped nonsense. Some surveys refer to Ecuador as the top place, aiming at North Americans.
Panama still ranks quite highly. Find it all highly suspect. Besides the use of the American$ I don't see too many advantages, but each to their own.

Malta is one but a number of considerations. No one place is the best. Malta for example lacks I've heard in cancer treatment. Certain serious ailments are treated in UK hospitals under some form of agreement.

Easy to see why Spain attracts so many. Established communities.' Easy 'enough it would appear to be lazy and not learn much of the language and still survive reasonably well.

All a very individual thing with regards to what is best obviously.