Reload this Page >

Malta - jobs in IT?

Malta - jobs in IT?

Old Oct 31st 2007, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

mtm103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Malta - jobs in IT?

Hi

I have just joined, and I hope someone can help. My fiancé and I (from UK), currently live in Switzerland, and are thinking about where to move next. We are looking for a long term move, and Switzerland is nice, but it is only a short term thing (neither of us can speak French, and we don’t really love the place to be honest, we came here because of his job). After some thought, we are thinking of moving to Malta. I lived on an island before and I really enjoyed that, plus I like the fact that the Maltese speak English. I have seen quite a few jobs for me (I am an accountant) but not so many for my OH (he works in IT as a database developer), but I heard about this new Smart City development which could be good for him. Does anyone know what the IT job position is like in Malta at the moment? We are thinking of moving towards the end of next year. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Malta - jobs in IT?

Originally Posted by mtm103
Hi

I have just joined, and I hope someone can help. My fiancé and I (from UK), currently live in Switzerland, and are thinking about where to move next. We are looking for a long term move, and Switzerland is nice, but it is only a short term thing (neither of us can speak French, and we don’t really love the place to be honest, we came here because of his job). After some thought, we are thinking of moving to Malta. I lived on an island before and I really enjoyed that, plus I like the fact that the Maltese speak English. I have seen quite a few jobs for me (I am an accountant) but not so many for my OH (he works in IT as a database developer), but I heard about this new Smart City development which could be good for him. Does anyone know what the IT job position is like in Malta at the moment? We are thinking of moving towards the end of next year. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!
Hi,

Not from Malta and have never been but they are up and coming for Gambling websites and the such. That might be something for you to narrow your search. I'm not sure what the infrastructure is like but it's quite sought after there at the moment.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:23 am
Just Joined

mtm103 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks SoJohn

I will have a look into that. I have seen a few gambling related jobs so I will find the websites and see if they advertise direct. I am quite fond of a bit of poker myself after all..
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:55 am
Just Joined

gazoid is an unknown quantity at this point

Im also trying to locate any IT jobs in Malta, I was there last year..

Check out:

http://www.3amsystems.com/smart-city-malta.htm

This development will eventually spawn lots.

Cheers,

Gary
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

antongalea is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i am from malta, you are welcome here everyone can speak english here as english is our second language

The smart city is starting to be biult up, what i can tel you coem here and see about the job
if you are european you can enter here easy.
best regards
Anton