British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/)
-   -   WTF polyps in the colon (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/wtf-polyps-colon-727665/)

firefox Aug 6th 2011 4:31 pm

WTF polyps in the colon

Hi all looks like my moving to Malaysia might have to weight I have got two polyps in my colon need to have them removed and waiting to hear if they are cancer or not 50/50 chanch they are tell all you guys if you have any problems when going the looe tell the Dr i have had this problem for around 11 years and kept putting it off the longer the time you have them the higher the risk of cancer.
any thats all for now
firefox

Karrie72 Aug 6th 2011 11:06 pm

Re: WTF polyps in the colon

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 9541700)
Hi all looks like my moving to Malaysia might have to weight I have got two polyps in my colon need to have them removed and waiting to hear if they are cancer or not 50/50 chanch they are tell all you guys if you have any problems when going the looe tell the Dr i have had this problem for around 11 years and kept putting it off the longer the time you have them the higher the risk of cancer.
any thats all for now
firefox

I just wanted to let you my Dad had that diagnosed 10 years ago and he's right as rain now, they caught it in the nick of time. He also procrastinated for years and had symptoms for a long time. He had a 50% chance of it reoccurring within 5 years but it never did...he's as fit as a fiddle now although was poorly for a year or two. Good luck!!

ex reg Aug 7th 2011 2:09 am

I had three polyps removed from my colon in HK 12 years ago now.
The doctor was doing a colonoscopy and saw them so decided to remove them.
Very simple under sedation not anasthetic.

Left the hospital and hour or so after the procedure but not supposed to drive until the next day but the doctor didn't mention that.

The doctor was 'having a look' because I was continually constipated, never drank enough water which I always do now.

I had a follow up colonoscopy 5 years later which I had to push the UK NHS to do but that was clear.

The only symptom I had was a stomach ache when I got stuck into chilli.
Don't get that symptom any more.

Anyway good luck, the procedure is very simple and painless.

Kooky. Aug 7th 2011 2:26 am

See 50/50 as a positive thing, and best of luck.

Bollocks to sedation - have an anaesthetic! I was awake for a sigmoidoscopy about ten years ago and can still hear myself shout out in pain - a colonoscopy goes up even further. Had one of those last year, blissfully asleep, and was having my breakfast at a street cafe within a couple of hours.

ex reg Aug 7th 2011 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Seasider (Post 9542340)
See 50/50 as a positive thing, and best of luck.

Bollocks to sedation - have an anaesthetic! I was awake for a sigmoidoscopy about ten years ago and can still hear myself shout out in pain - a colonoscopy goes up even further. Had one of those last year, blissfully asleep, and was having my breakfast at a street cafe within a couple of hours.

:rofl:One man's or woman's sedation is another man's or woman's anaesthetic.

Still didn't give any pain.:thumbsup:

Kooky. Aug 7th 2011 9:00 am

To be honest, sedation would probably have done me. I had a liver biopsy at Gleneagles (hospital, not golf course) a few years ago and was given something to relax me but told I'd be awake for it. I slept right through it and was confused when they told me it was over :lol:

bakedbean Aug 8th 2011 1:34 pm

Sounds like this is quite common albeit a serious subject. I'm with seasider on anaesthetics. Just get knocked out and let the experts get on with it. All the best Firefox. Sure it will be Ok but, like any ops, it's so nervy beforehand isn't it. Big hugs to you.

firefox Aug 10th 2011 6:18 pm

Good news from the Dr its not cancer just have to wait for the operation now
Thanks every one
firefox

firefox Aug 19th 2011 1:07 pm

Still waiting for surgery and now been told that I have a server fatty liver which is causing me Stomach pain and fatigue since turning 50 i get all these problems
Firefox

firefox Aug 19th 2011 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 9569128)
Still waiting for surgery and now been told that I have a server fatty liver which is causing me Stomach pain and fatigue since turning 50 i get all these problems
Firefox

ps i dont drink i think i will start though at this rate

noni Aug 19th 2011 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 9550952)
Good news from the Dr its not cancer just have to wait for the operation now
Thanks every one
firefox

Wishing you all the best. Going through the same thing with Hubbie. His Bowel Cancer tests have come back with problems and he will have to have a colonoscopy. He has never been into hospital, not like me, and his Doctors file has only five entries on. So all of you with problems, all the best.:thumbup:

bakedbean Aug 20th 2011 7:57 am

All the best firefox and mr noni too.

firefox Aug 30th 2011 12:37 pm

Going for a operation on the 13th September not to sure what he is going to do tho but the nurse said that he was going to have a look and decide what to do
firefox

:wub: