Where home is

Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where home is

Hey Claudia1, which part of Sinny you live in? On our recent trip after Sinny we went to Brissy to see Nos.1 and 3 sprog and grandbrats
Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:56 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

The food was okay. We went for a big chat with friends really, so that was the high point, not necessarily the food and drink. Ummm we're going off topic again - just can't stop
Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Yeah but close. Where you live is usually where you eat...no?

I wanna hear about where Claudia1 lives...and anyone else out there, who wants to give us the goss.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Claudia1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for the nice comments about Sydney. We are most fortunate in waking up to beautiful harbor views from our home BUT there again we all like to experience different destinations & cultures. Your home in Miami would appear to be a much more pleasant quieter location compared to Tg Tokong where we stayed with friends. We just found the constant congestion, pollution & noise there unbearable plus quite a few run down properties. Incidentally, we liked Penang Hill.

Claudia

Originally Posted by Strider24
Claudia1 I passed through Sydney a few weeks ago. Long enough to get on a mates yacht and have lunch at the fish market with a couple of bottles of plonk. Puts a nice face on the place I must say.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:06 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I think you said on another thread that you were considering a move to Penang at one stage? Which other parts of the island did you look at?

Where did you stay in Tg Tokong? (If it's not a personal question.) Marina Bay?? When did you last visit? I'm just wondering if it was before all the building work that's been going on in the area.

Huge amount of development has gone on in the last 12 months - new condos along Tg Tokong Road and around Seri Tg Pinang, the E&O development. Did you see the new Straits Quay?
Attached Thumbnails Where home is-marina-boat.jpg  
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Wah it that photo the new marina E&O?. Cmr. J Ferguson will be pleased. Mind it will interesting to know the monthly mooring fees...out of my range anyway.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:49 am

J Ferguson?? Not with you

Yup that's the new marina. Wouldn't mind that boat in the pic Are you telling me that you haven't seen the marina yet? You better get down there and have a look. I think it's really nice - a bit glitzy. Some of the establishments there are really raking up the prices. Have to wonder if some of them will stay in business.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Cmdr Furguson was manager of Royal Selangor Yacht Club before taking up the spot with E&O. Good guy.

Have been away 2 months and before we left the marina still wasn't finished..although close. I should imagine it will be very selective regards type, appearance and value of craft accepted. We will see lah!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

OH I am quite sure that Marina would just love to have a "person of means/many properties" if you were interested, although I imagine boating around Marina Island might be even better.

We generally found local Penang people to be very helpful & polite. We also loved the early morning jogs around Penang Hill. I am sure our visit would have been better if we had stayed "back a bit" in say Miami Bay or even Tg Bungah. Re Tg Tokong, the best I can do is honestly relate our first hand experience after spending 3 weeks there. Our friends' apartment was reasonably close to road & quite modern. But, unfortunately there was no escape from the dreadful local environment which was almost akin to being stranded in a ghetto. Still, it obviously comes down to individual circumstances/standards.

Claudia

Last edited by Claudia1; Jun 16th 2011 at 10:04 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 17th 2011, 1:59 am

As you won't say exactly where you mean, it's difficult to comment. I can only think of that kampong area at the Tg Bungah end of Tg Tokong... but ghetto? Dunno really. The only modern condos (excluding the new builds) I can think of "on the busy main road" are Marina Bay and Tanjung Park, but neither stand within a ghetto, so it will have to remain a little mystery I suppose.

Anyway, any ideas where home will be, Claudia? Have you checked out any other parts of Malaysia? Melaka? Singapore also has a long term visa nowadays. More expensive of course.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

I went into those Marina bay condo's and they pretty close to being a ghetto, outside didn't look bad, but once inside..yuck.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:09 am

How cruel.

We looked at some pictures online and the layouts were pretty strange. There's also been some problems with management there I gather (or non-management). Though I think that's been resolved now.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

How interesting in that the hubby & I also checked out that area - same conclusion I'm afraid. Again, simply boils down to issue of standards/individual preference. One part of Malaysia we quite liked was Cameron Highlands - never been to Melaka.

Claudia
(In terms of probity, clearly inappropriate to disclose our friends' address !!!!!!)

I went into those Marina bay condo's and they pretty close to being a ghetto, outside didn't look bad, but once inside..yuck.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Not sure I would want to live in the Cameron's, but Ipoh is reinventing itself and now has some lovely expat type places and the beautiful limestone hills, good shopping and an easy run to the Cameron's, Also its not far from Penang really and other lovely places like Taiping and K.Kangsar. Actually there are some nice places along route 8 from Bentong in the south, Raub, Kuala Lipis, Gua Musang, The run between Gua Musang and Cameron's is also nice and away from the madding crowd.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Entirely agree - Cameron's very pleasant for short visit but really not enough interest to keep us there. Yes - we recall the impressive limestone hills & took some nice photos when we drove through Ipoh.

Honestly, we found that Tg Tokong district absolutely appalling - noise, pollution, congestion. My hubby joked that if we were ever found guilty of some grave crime the worst possible sentence would be to condemn us to that area for retirement ! Miami Bay certainly more acceptable.

Claudia

Not sure I would want to live in the Cameron's, but Ipoh is reinventing itself and now has some lovely expat type places and the beautiful limestone hills, good shopping and an easy run to the Cameron's, Also its not far from Penang really and other lovely places like Taiping and K.Kangsar. Actually there are some nice places along route 8 from Bentong in the south, Raub, Kuala Lipis, Gua Musang, The run between Gua Musang and Cameron's is also nice and away from the madding crowd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.