Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Where do expats in KL live and work?

Where do expats in KL live and work?

Old May 21st 2019, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Sydneycl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where do expats in KL live and work?

I also enjoyed a lot convenience in Ipoh
Old Aug 27th 2019, 2:44 am
Just Joined

Peep is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by theramblingman
Hi all,

I lived in KL some time ago and noticed quite a lot of changes to the city on a recent visit. I'm considering moving back and wondered where the best or most popular areas for living and working are now?

I lived in Bukit Bintang before, but my situation this time will be different as I'll be looking for an area to raise a family rather than party central. Any advice where to look around?

Cheers

Hi,

We currently live in Bangsar (about to move back to the UK) and I’d say it’s great for a family. There are loads of families in our condo and it has plenty of amenities. Have a look at Sri Penaga.

https://www.sripenaga.com/www/index.html

There is also a new LRT station just across the road which is on the green line (station SBK13). Easy transport to anywhere in KL within 1-2 changes. see below. If you’ve lived in a city with a transport system like London / HK this is so much easier and quicker.

https://www.myrapid.com.my/traveling...s/rapid-kl/mrt

There is BSC shopping centre over the road and Bangsar Village 5 mins away. Also Mid Valley Shopping Centre is about 10 mins away and has everything (inc. cinema) which is good if your kids are teens and want to hang out somewhere.

I assume you're not in Malaysia yet but if you are I’m happy if you want to come and have a look at our condo to get an idea of what it’s like.

All the best with the move.

Peep
Old Aug 29th 2019, 10:58 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peep

Hi,

We currently live in Bangsar (about to move back to the UK) and I’d say it’s great for a family. There are loads of families in our condo and it has plenty of amenities. Have a look at Sri Penaga.

https://www.sripenaga.com/www/index.html

There is also a new LRT station just across the road which is on the green line (station SBK13). Easy transport to anywhere in KL within 1-2 changes. see below. If you’ve lived in a city with a transport system like London / HK this is so much easier and quicker.

https://www.myrapid.com.my/traveling...s/rapid-kl/mrt

There is BSC shopping centre over the road and Bangsar Village 5 mins away. Also Mid Valley Shopping Centre is about 10 mins away and has everything (inc. cinema) which is good if your kids are teens and want to hang out somewhere.

I assume you're not in Malaysia yet but if you are I’m happy if you want to come and have a look at our condo to get an idea of what it’s like.

All the best with the move.

Peep
That’s a bit disingenuous. I appreciate you are trying to sell or rent your condo, but Bangsar is far too far away for someone working in Kajang. The LRT from Sentral takes almost an hour, never mind the commuting time from Bangsar to Sentral, and then the need to change lines and platforms.

Old Dec 11th 2019, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

shoban1508 is an unknown quantity at this point

Plenty of new condos around the Old Klang road/OUG area which has a very easy quick access to the South expressway which the next exit after the main toll is Kajang...without traffic literally takes you about 15 minutes from OUG. I live in OUG so i know
Old Dec 13th 2019, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

StillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond reputeStillSearching has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoban1508
Plenty of new condos around the Old Klang road/OUG area which has a very easy quick access to the South expressway which the next exit after the main toll is Kajang...without traffic literally takes you about 15 minutes from OUG. I live in OUG so i know
For someone who is "looking for an area to raise a family rather than party central", Old Klang road/OUG area is too busy and with bad air pollution.
There are some housing subdivisions which are away from the center and the port. They are greener and quieter and with good schools and facilities. One of them is Valencia.
But the whole KL has an air pollution problem. If you are a foreigner from a country with clean air and thinking to come over here to raise your family, perhaps you should reconsider for the sake of the health of your family at least.