Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

What's good to do in Malaysia?

What's good to do in Malaysia?

Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:38 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's good to do in Malaysia?

After reading lonely planet I reckon I would like to do a little bit of jungle trekking (despite the leeches) and some snorkeling/diving. It looks like East Sabah is the place? I realise I'm not too worried about meeting people although I would like to see orang utans. Is East Sabah wildly off course?
Old Mar 29th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice

Was pointing it out mainly for the benefit of Strider, but obviously you raised the point too
Old May 19th 2011, 3:24 am
Just Joined

bryannn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
After reading lonely planet I reckon I would like to do a little bit of jungle trekking (despite the leeches) and some snorkeling/diving. It looks like East Sabah is the place? I realise I'm not too worried about meeting people although I would like to see orang utans. Is East Sabah wildly off course?
Just to note, you don't really need to go to east Malaysia to jungle trek or snorkel. The East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia offers lots of outdoors activities too. Try Air Papan or Tanjung Resang, just north of Mersing, for example.

We thoroughly enjoy visiting the Malaysian East Coast. Tanjung Resang in particular, always has us coming back for more. It's a stunning cape with lots of wilderness to hike through, not to mention pristine snorkeling sites just offshore in the Seri Buat Archipelago.

Have fun