Visa exempt entry

Old Nov 18th 2019, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

dyl81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa exempt entry

Hi,

I am a regular visitor to Malaysia and sometimes wonder if I might run into visa trouble at some point. I have spent 3.5 months there this year, in 5 trips. Is that pushing it at all? I ask because I've noticed that - unlike any of the others - my last entry stamp has a handwritten note underneath. I know immigration officers in some countries do this to flag a possible issue to the person on the desk the next time you come through. I can't make out the note itself. It looks like Leg or L.g and then some numbers (not my flight number though). I had planned to go back for 6 weeks at the end of February and then another 5 weeks at the end of May. Does anyone think that might be a problem?

Thanks
Old Nov 19th 2019, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa exempt entry

Usually they write the date until when your visa is valid in/near the stamp. Could it be that this is what you are seeing?
Immigration tends to be more sensitive to those people who leave and then return within a few days from departure. However, if you stay outside Malaysia for weeks/months and then return it should not result in any problem. YMMV.
Old Nov 20th 2019, 9:54 am
Just Joined

dyl81 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, thanks. I can't relate the numbers to the exit by date, and there's nothing under any of my previous visa-exempt stamps, so it's still a mystery. I guess not many people are being turned back at immigration though, or it would be more of a thing on here.
Old Nov 21st 2019, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

I have MM2H and checked my own passport.
I noticed that for all entries I made with the MM2H stamp in the passport, the immigration officer stamped the passport with a stamp 'permitted to stay and re-enter until' and then wrote in the day of my stay expiry (MM2H Visa expiration day) manually below.
However, when I entered with a new passport w/o MM2H stamp, it was stamped with a different stamp, 'permitted to stay 90 days', etc ad nothing added in writing.

So as I understand it, stamps are different for MM2H and standard 90 day visit.
Since the 90 days visit stamp already mentions the duration of stay, there is no need for writing anything below.
Except maybe in some special cases
Leaves the question what is written there.
Maybe you could post a photo of the stamp in question?

Last edited by Gunnar45; Nov 21st 2019 at 12:54 am.