Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Urgent Help Needed!! Moving to Kuching!!

Urgent Help Needed!! Moving to Kuching!!

Old Mar 23rd 2013, 12:17 am
Just Joined

in2work is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent Help Needed!! Moving to Kuching!!

Dear All,

I am planning to move to Kuching under Malaysia Second home Program with my family from UK. I need a local sponsor, someone from Sarawak. Anyone moved to Sarawak from abroad would like to share experiences please.

Please help!!
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 4:29 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Help Needed!! Moving to Kuching!!

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a read of this thread below:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=Sarawak

I know that applying for MM2H for Sarawak and Sabah is different from peninsula Malaysia. You'll see a post from Strider24 in that thread, which is interesting. That topic is still "live" on here so you may want to tag a post onto that one. That will mean that all posters on that topic will get notified of a new post i.e. we might lure Strider24 back on here to give some more info

For your info, the PM function on this forum is available to you once you've posted 3 posts.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Thank you soo much. I have made another posting hopefully my restrictions will be lifted and I will able to send a PM's

I so badly need some suggestions and there is not a lot expats moved in Sarawak, I guess.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 1:19 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Have received your PM so can confirm that it's working now

There isn't too much info around the Internet on MM2H in Sarawak or Sabah, is there. Lets see if anyone responds on this thread.

I saw a guy on the MM2H site who was applying in Sarawak. I'll find a link for you tomorrow and put on here. At least that will give you a start.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much in advance
Old Mar 24th 2013, 6:37 am

OK.... there's a guy on the MM2H site who is applying. Looks like not completed yet, but it's a start for you. If you check out the link here you'll find a lot of info. You may need to register on that site first (not sure).

According to that guy, the rules are different. They would be, wouldn't they

If I find out anything else, I'll let you know on here. If anyone else has actually done the MM2H visa in Sarawak, or Sabah, please squeak up on here. Ta very much.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
OK.... there's a guy on the MM2H site who is applying. Looks like not completed yet, but it's a start for you. If you check out the link here you'll find a lot of info. You may need to register on that site first (not sure).

According to that guy, the rules are different. They would be, wouldn't they

If I find out anything else, I'll let you know on here. If anyone else has actually done the MM2H visa in Sarawak, or Sabah, please squeak up on here. Ta very much.
The Link you posted is a spam bot warning!! I be very grateful to receive more info on MM2H for Sarawak
Old Apr 1st 2013, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
The Link you posted is a spam bot warning!! I be very grateful to receive more info on MM2H for Sarawak
The link works for me.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex reg
The link works for me.
I get this when I open 'HERE' as indicated

"Either the address you are accessing this site from has been banned for previous malicious behavior or the action you attempted is considered to be hostile to the proper functioning of this system."

plus a whole list of banned 403 warnings etc Perhaps because it is my part of the imperfect world etc
Old Apr 1st 2013, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
I get this when I open 'HERE' as indicated

"Either the address you are accessing this site from has been banned for previous malicious behavior or the action you attempted is considered to be hostile to the proper functioning of this system."

plus a whole list of banned 403 warnings etc Perhaps because it is my part of the imperfect world etc
Link works ok for me too.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 1:29 pm

Crikey mikemike, have you been misbehaving?
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Crikey mikemike, have you been misbehaving?
nah, I wish i had. probably a cyber disruption at this end as more than a few are unhappy over Sabah at this time, so Malaysian links may have come under attack from cyber warriors. I just got this from one of the guys over here who is able to decipher the techno babble

"Going back to what I was saying before about PLDT blatantly filtering results and blocking websites....

I was trying to get a usb boot image so i can ghost some drives today. I went to http://www.ghostbootdisk.com/ and the website was blocked "Error access denied". I connected to a proxy and it worked fine. They're blocking certain ip addresses with whatever content they don't like I guess.

So it's now confirmed. PLDT is now 100% untrustable. I would not recommend anyone use PLDT without first connection to a vpn.

It looks like they're just redirecting the connections as the traceroute looks fine, and other ports work fine."

Thee is a lot more written on this subject which will bore most others as well as me!!. Bottom line is, link no good from here.

Last edited by mikemike; Apr 2nd 2013 at 12:07 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:24 am

Hi mikemike. I don't know where you are based but I do know that a few folks on that site are having problems accessing from Thailand. Bit of a pain eh.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi mikemike. I don't know where you are based but I do know that a few folks on that site are having problems accessing from Thailand. Bit of a pain eh.
Am In the Philippines, just another reason to leave!!
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 11:09 pm
KK Resident - Retired

Hovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of light

Hi mikemike, my sister-in-law obtained MM2H for Sabah. If this would help, I'll ask her the contact details of the agent. Please let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.