Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

UK tax implications on International bank transfers??

UK tax implications on International bank transfers??

Old Oct 31st 2011, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

dane maheedin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK tax implications on International bank transfers??

I am about to transfer a decent sum of money to my UK HSBC account from the account of a recently past relative. Does anybody know of the tax implications/rates that will be occured??
Old Nov 1st 2011, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

joamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK tax implications on International bank transfers??

Are you resident in UK or Malaysia?
Old Nov 1st 2011, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Moving from UK to Vietnam next year. At the moment I live in UK but my late relative was living in Malaysia.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:10 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a lawyer but might be worth speaking to one in Malaysia. Why shift money to UK if you are staying in southeast Asia ? Presume you know that there is no inheritance tax in Malaysia (nor Singapore nor Thailand) Just might be an angle to check out?
Old Nov 1st 2011, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Thanks bakedbean. I didn't know that there was no inheritance tax in Malaysia, Singapore or Thailand. Will possibly look to tranferring to Thailand then. Thanks again!!