Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Two Medical Sudents murdered in Kuching

Wikiposts

Two Medical Sudents murdered in Kuching

Old Aug 6th 2014, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Two Medical Sudents murdered in Kuching

So what's the local news on the ground about this incident. I cant believe that this was all over something and nothing.
Old Aug 6th 2014, 6:57 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two Medical Sudents murdered in Kuching

Originally Posted by hong_konger
So what's the local news on the ground about this incident. I cant believe that this was all over something and nothing.
report here..

BBC News - Two Newcastle University medical students killed in Borneo
Old Aug 6th 2014, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what it was about and don't even know who the culprits were but if they were Ibans or Dayaks ir might well be over something we'd consider to be nothing.

They used to come into our staff canteen out of the jungle and eat a couple of large platefuls of rice and leave.
Some Koreans for some reason got fed up with this so one evening told them all to leave.
The next night the Ibans returned with their parangs and cut the heads off three Koreans.
Old Aug 7th 2014, 1:31 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure we actually have any posters down there in Borneo.

Latest news I saw tonight was the attackers were unemployed and high on something (crystal meth?? No idea what that is but doesn't sound good). And more negative news for Malaysia
Old Aug 7th 2014, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex reg
I don't know what it was about and don't even know who the culprits were but if they were Ibans or Dayaks ir might well be over something we'd consider to be nothing.

They used to come into our staff canteen out of the jungle and eat a couple of large platefuls of rice and leave.
Some Koreans for some reason got fed up with this so one evening told them all to leave.
The next night the Ibans returned with their parangs and cut the heads off three Koreans.
Bloody hell... that's awful!

Many years ago I was invited to a Gawai Festival (??) in a longhouse in Borneo, setting off from Miri. Took many hours, last bit being in a long narrow motorised canoe.

I was taken by a companion to another longhouse, within (long) walking distance. The name, translated, was "Nut House"! I was told that it was only a few years earlier that they had been persuaded to bury the shrunken heads that adorned the archway to the village!