Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Are they still protesting the Anti-Islam Vdeo

Are they still protesting the Anti-Islam Vdeo

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Mad Hatter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are they still protesting the Anti-Islam Vdeo

My son is planning on attending a law school in KL starting in January and my wife is concerned about the protests taht ocurred about that Anti-Islam video. Anyone have a knowledgeable opinion about wheter it is safe for Americans in KL?

Was anyone injured in teh protests?
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

TopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud of
Default Re: Are they still protesting the Anti-Islam Vdeo

errrrr what protests?

I can't say that I noticed any
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TopHattedCat
errrrr what protests?

I can't say that I noticed any
Do you mean you didn't notice any in KL or Penang? News reports mentioned protests at the U.S. Embassy in KL.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

It's nothing, there are no problems like that here so long as you don't actually get involved in any protests.

Don't worry about it.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

TopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mad Hatter
Do you mean you didn't notice any in KL or Penang? News reports mentioned protests at the U.S. Embassy in KL.
After being based in Penang for 7 years I've been in KL for the last 4 months, but as Britmal has stated above you needn't worry about that kind of stuff in Malaysia.

My experience so far is it is a very peaceful & safe country to live & work in.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TopHattedCat
After being based in Penang for 7 years I've been in KL for the last 4 months, but as Britmal has stated above you needn't worry about that kind of stuff in Malaysia.

My experience so far is it is a very peaceful & safe country to live & work in.
That's what I figured and my own experience in KL I felt very safe. I just promised my wife I would get updates from the local at the scene guys.

Thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 2:03 pm
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

There was a peaceful, non violent protest outside the US embassy on 21st Sept. All done now.

It's the Bersih rallies you need to watch out for.