Tesco

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 7:13 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tesco

Yes, Tesco does in parts of the Klang Valley.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

ruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud of

Really? You wouldn't happen to know which stores would you?

Is it online & delivery or do you have to make a trip to the store, pay and then organise it?

Sorry for the million questions!
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 7:18 am
ajw

ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

You order online and it is delivered.

If you go to their website you can enter your area to see if they offer delivery there.

I had deliveries made to Bangsar and Damansara Heights.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

ruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud ofruby_tuesday has much to be proud of

Thanks so much for this brilliant information!
I'll let you know how we get on.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 7:23 am
ajw

Pleasure.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Nakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond repute

Google Tesco online
Old Jan 7th 2014, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

TikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to behold

A Tesco delivery van pulled out in front of my earlier on today in a residential area if that provides any more hints as to whether the home delivery system has found its way to Malaysia.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

I've had a look at their online system, doesn't seem to bad. However, after speaking to a few friends there seems to be mixed reviews on the service.

Thinking of just giving it a go on a small selection for delivery first before going all out on a monthly shop! ;0)
Old Jan 8th 2014, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Nakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond repute

We've used them quite a bit recently and have been very happy with the service. There is a RM10 service charge for picking and delivery but we've received email and SMS offers offering RM20 off if you spend more than RM100 so not bad value. Prices are the same as in store, and all offers appear to be available.

Never purchased meat or fresh produce such as veggies from them as I'd rather see and select what I'm buying but for drinks, washing powder etc it's dead simple. One thing to watch though is that if the specific product is not available they will bring a substitute. Usually inferior. They do adjust the price but you may be compelled to take it as you need it. We also recently bought 24 cans of coke lite as 4 x 6 can packs at a certain price. They arrived with 24 individual cans which cost about RM4 more than 4 x 6 packs! Sneaky!
Old Jan 8th 2014, 6:40 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

We used to use home delivery from Tesco in Norfolk UK and had exactly the same problems. Bloody annoying isn't it.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

roystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond repute

Even if we were to shop at Tesco ourselves, if you had noticed the fish isnt what we call 'fresh'. Looking at the eyes of the fish, its easy to tell whether its fresh or not.

Which is why we would still prefer the morning wet market for fresh groceries and meeting friends over coffee while at it.
Old Jan 9th 2014, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

I thought that the alternatives might be given if originals are to be out of stock. I never used home delivery in the U.K. I think here it's got to be done at some point as I don't have a car yet and I'm getting fed up of lugging shopping every other day from VG.
Old Jan 9th 2014, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Yeah, the alternatives are when they are out of stock but what I meant is that the alternative may not be the one that you want. We ordered paper towel of a certain brand which was replaced with 'Tesco own brand'. If we'd been in the store the alternative we chose would have been something else than the Tesco brand that basically dissolves when it gets wet! As we needed something on delivery day we were compelled to just take it.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Just thought I'd let you know that I've 'Bit the Bullet' and made my first ever on line food order-with Tesco.

Will let you know how I get on once it's delivered tomorrow.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

roystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ruby_tuesday
Just thought I'd let you know that I've 'Bit the Bullet' and made my first ever on line food order-with Tesco.

Will let you know how I get on once it's delivered tomorrow.
Godspeed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.