Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Supercondos in Penang anyone?

Supercondos in Penang anyone?

Old Dec 21st 2011, 6:28 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Supercondos in Penang anyone?

A bit out of the bakedbeans's finances I think, but an interesting subject.

Have heard mixed reports about The Cove in Tanjung Bungah. Our renovator took us to see one unit to show off her handiwork. Absolutely huge. Gawd knows how many bedrooms. I lost count. I remember there were 3 bedrooms (all airconditioned) for maids. How the other half lives. Yes they are building next door and I think (not sure) 2 of the blocks at the Cove will lose a bit of their view. Our renovator reckoned that the Cove has problems with their floors. No idea if that is true or not. Our renovator seems to have views about quite a lot of condos.

If you're in the market for supercondos (I am not), you might want to look at Infinity in Tanjung Bungah. I've not been there but everyone seems to rate it. I think it just won some building award too. I've looked at the layouts online and very nice. 2 units per floor but you get your own private lift lobby... so very private. Nice sea views. I like the fact that the maid's area/utility has it's own entrance to the lift lobby.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

evop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really nice
Default Re: Supercondos in Penang anyone?

Originally Posted by bakedbean
I remember there were 3 bedrooms (all airconditioned) for maids. How the other half lives.
I think that might be how the upper half of the 1% live :-)
Old Dec 21st 2011, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Orchidgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

the floor plan of Infinity looks really nice. I like how the family room is away from the main lounge room. That is what kinda gets me with the cove there looks to be a lot of space in that main living area. I saw that some people put in huge shelves or a false wall to divide it up.

My frustration is that i need 4 bedrooms and a study. To get this I seem to need to rent a condo that is 5000 - 6000sft! So Infinity with its 5000sft only has 4 bedrooms, no study.

I also saw "Harmony" but I think a pool on a balcony just freaks me out. (I'm a bit scared of heights) There is also a place to plant lawn, is this wise? what if someone plants something and the roots crack the cement underneath?

Has anyone looked at The Waterfront? It seems a more workable size and has a nice seaview.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Orchidgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bakedbean
A bit out of the bakedbeans's finances I think, but an interesting subject.

Have heard mixed reports about The Cove in Tanjung Bungah. Our renovator took us to see one unit to show off her handiwork. Absolutely huge. Gawd knows how many bedrooms. I lost count. I remember there were 3 bedrooms (all airconditioned) for maids.
looking at the floorplan there are 5 bedrooms and one maids room.

This is what got me interested in Penang as there are a few advertised for sing 3k and for a Singaporean that is sooo cheap compared to what we are paying here.