Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Strategy for Looking for a Long Term Rental in Penang and Langkawi

Strategy for Looking for a Long Term Rental in Penang and Langkawi

Old Nov 29th 2010, 3:07 am
Just Joined

sandcastle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Strategy for Looking for a Long Term Rental in Penang and Langkawi

I plan on taking some time in January to look for a place to rent. I plan to take a few days in Penang and Langkawi and maybe in another location to try and find a place to rent. I will not be working in Malaysia so I am not tied to one place.

I do need good internet connectivity in the place that I rent.

What suggestions do people have for searching in Penang? I can look around the island some myself and get a feel for what areas I like. But to look at condos available for rent can I just find one agent and they can show me available condos, not just condos their company is offering? Any suggestion on agents? Any other suggestions?

I figure I might find a place that I would be ready to rent in March or I might find several locations (maybe even specific buildings) that I can be comfortable with and then have an agent tell me when something new is available.

From looking online it seems like there are large numbers of places in Penang available to rent. It seems like finding a place should not be hard once I get a feel for how things really are (versus just seeing things online) and can be comfortable with specific locations and buildings.

For Langkawi it seems much more problematic to actually have much choice for good long term rentals. Does anyone have good suggestions on how I can try to find a place there? Any suggestions for an agent there?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 3:25 am
Just Joined

up.north.expat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Strategy for Looking for a Long Term Rental in Penang and Langkawi

Hi sandcastle,

You can certainly send me a Private Message.
Penang - I can pass on details of the property agents I would recommend you contact in Penang.
Langkawi - checking into this.

Up North Expat