Spouse Visa or MM2H?

Old Oct 29th 2011, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Harlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud of
Default Spouse Visa or MM2H?

Hi experience Expater,

Anyone have experience of apply MM2H or Spouse Visa?

The spouse visa doesnt seem to be a good deal at all. Whats the MM2H criteria? I know that you need RM500k in deposit & RM10k a year or a month salary?

Can we use the RM500k deposit to buy a property or you cant touch it until certain time?
Old Oct 29th 2011, 7:35 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa or MM2H?

Yup there are a few of us on this forum who are MM2Hers. The Gov site seems to be up and running again so take a look at the current Terms and Conditions

here

Obviously it's not for Malaysian citizens, and it's not a work visa either, though if your work is outside Malaysia, that's okay.

If you're serious about MM2H, your best bet is to have a good read through the Gov site and see if you meet the current criteria. If you decide to go ahead with it, I can also recommend another site for you.

No experience of Spouse visa I'm afraid.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Harlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bakedbean View Post
Yup there are a few of us on this forum who are MM2Hers. The Gov site seems to be up and running again so take a look at the current Terms and Conditions

here

Obviously it's not for Malaysian citizens, and it's not a work visa either, though if your work is outside Malaysia, that's okay.

If you're serious about MM2H, your best bet is to have a good read through the Gov site and see if you meet the current criteria. If you decide to go ahead with it, I can also recommend another site for you.

No experience of Spouse visa I'm afraid.
Yes done the reading bit. Offshore income bit does Singapore income count as offshore income?

Well we not planning to work in Malaysia anyway. Is there a favour on Nationality? Chinese or British (look in to my eye, look in to my eye, you didnt hear that she have a British passport )?

Any good agent we can use?

Cheers
Old Oct 29th 2011, 1:19 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand it from the gov site, ALL nationalities welcome. ALL races welcome. Singapore income counts as offshore (we did that).

We used Joy-Stay - do a google and take a look at the website... Lots of info on there (even if you decide not to use them). You can also go the DIY route and save agents fee. That's a personal choice really

I'll give u a couple of links tomorrow.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 3:36 am

Okay a couple of links for those serious about the MM2H visa.

There's a load of registered agents you can use. A list is on the government website here

We were recommended Joy-Stay by some Dutch friends who had already gone through the process. You don't have to use an agent. You can do DIY if you wish. At time of applying, we were living in another country and our finances were a little complex too, so we thought the Agent route would be best for our peace of mind.

The thing that really appealed about Joy-Stay is that they won't take any money off you until they are 100 percent sure they can get the visa for you... and they guarantee that or your money back. You can do all the correspondence initially by email. So, a link to Joy-Stay website here There's also a lot of good info on the site about MM2H.

From time to time, they tweak the rules and regs re MM2H visa, and there's also a few grey areas to interpret (so very Malaysia ) I don't keep totally up to date with the rules n regs as I don't need to go to Immigration for about another 8 years However... there is a guy who does keep up to date with the rules and there's a site here called my2home. Lots of in-depth info re the visa and real life people who are going through the visa process or have already gone through it.

You'll also find lots of info on my2home about doing the visa application DIY, without an agent, if you want to save a few bob. I know that we have at least 1 BE member on here who has done DIY. Maybe he/she might like to give a plug to doing the visa DIY?
Old Oct 30th 2011, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bakedbean View Post
Okay a couple of links for those serious about the MM2H visa.

There's a load of registered agents you can use. A list is on the government website here

We were recommended Joy-Stay by some Dutch friends who had already gone through the process. You don't have to use an agent. You can do DIY if you wish. At time of applying, we were living in another country and our finances were a little complex too, so we thought the Agent route would be best for our peace of mind.

The thing that really appealed about Joy-Stay is that they won't take any money off you until they are 100 percent sure they can get the visa for you... and they guarantee that or your money back. You can do all the correspondence initially by email. So, a link to Joy-Stay website here There's also a lot of good info on the site about MM2H.

From time to time, they tweak the rules and regs re MM2H visa, and there's also a few grey areas to interpret (so very Malaysia ) I don't keep totally up to date with the rules n regs as I don't need to go to Immigration for about another 8 years However... there is a guy who does keep up to date with the rules and there's a site here called my2home. Lots of in-depth info re the visa and real life people who are going through the visa process or have already gone through it.

You'll also find lots of info on my2home about doing the visa application DIY, without an agent, if you want to save a few bob. I know that we have at least 1 BE member on here who has done DIY. Maybe he/she might like to give a plug to doing the visa DIY?
Hi Mrs bakedbean,

Thank you very much for all this info. Sound like Joy-Stay is our best bet. Like yourself we have money complex like money lock in the property obviously we cant show that we have liquid asset until we sell our house.

We'll definitely try Joy-Stay.

Thanks again for the info.

Now if you excuse me I need to carve my pumpkin