SHORT TERM VISIT

Old Jan 10th 2019, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SHORT TERM VISIT

Originally Posted by dnorton94
I would like Malaysia to be my first stop. What do I have to take into consideration? Are there any recommendation locations? Do I have to get any vaccinations? What do I have to take into consideration?
Malaysia has it all, the hypermodern metropolis, the wildlife, the jungle, the rainforest, the beaches, the highlands, the mountains. Great transportation makes moving around the country easy, and yes, there is Air Asia and their rivals too. Exploring Malaysian food is another big thing. No special vaccinations needed, the one you would need agains dengue not exists yet.

If you focus on the beaches, the west coast is something to forget, the east coast is so much better. I donĀ“t know if they have proper internet there meanwhile, 99% of the foreigners stay on the west coast.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 9:53 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dnorton94
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm a UK citizen born and raised. I went University in America and worked in America after University. I'm ready to branch out and do my own thing more intensively. I am a freelance developer among other hobbies that help me financially sustain myself. I have a nice and affordable place to stay with a friend. I'm sure there's other things I have to think about like do I need a new phone. What type of adapter will I need to charge my devices? What are the do's and don'ts? Are there a lot of British citizens around?
in penang lots of British and Aussie expats and others

British plugs

dos and donts. Too many to say
Old Jan 11th 2019, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

meched55 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can operate an online business outside of Malaysia without any trouble. Only taxes you have to pay are income in Malaysia but you can't work there anyway. Soundsv like your online business is already set up long before you left the USA.
No Payments coming into Malaysia? Only ATM withdrawals is not income.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

And it would also not be a problem if payments are coming in from overseas, quite a few MM2H holders living here do consultancy work outside of Malaysia)
Old Jan 14th 2019, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

IanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really niceIanBlakeley is just really nice

Vaccinations I've just kept my British ones topped up from a local GP (waiting for new Dtap to come in), yellow fever you need to go to the airport clinic the GP didn't hold and get the flu jab in the autumn. If visiting jungle areas anti-malarial might be recommended but not in cities in peninsular Malaysia. Plugs and sockets are identical to UK and nominal 230v supply, much of what you buy here may come with 2 pin plugs. You'll get 90 days on arrival as a tourist almost certainly could pop to Singapore or Thailand and come back once. Your European mobile will be fine, I think it is mostly same bands, various PAYG local services are available just buy a SIM and as long as the phone is unlocked you're good to go.

The son of a friend does what you're planning, he's a freelance graphic web designer, planned to be out 6 months but now entering year 2 last heard of in Indonesia, does all his work remotely through his UK limited company.