British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/)
-   -   Selangor Restaurant Recommendations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/selangor-restaurant-recommendations-714854/)

TopHattedCat Apr 27th 2011 6:45 pm

Selangor Restaurant Recommendations

I plan to travel from Penang sometime in the next 2 weeks specifically to dine in some interesting restaurants in Malaysias' largest state by population.

I intend to enter the Selangorious food blogging competition & I am seeking some restaurant recommendations from people more knowledgeable about the Selangor restaurant scene.

I am looking for eateries that serve good food, have an interesting theme with a good ambience.

I have already decided to try one of the D' Tandoori restaurants, not sure which one yet but I would be interested in any feedback the community could offer me.

note....restaurant must be in Selangor & not KL

If anyone else is interested in joining you must have your own blog where you publish your review & it is open to non nationals. Just google Selangorious & you will find it.

I appreciate any suggestions you can offer.

TopHattedCat Apr 28th 2011 5:20 am

Re: Selangor Restaurant Recommendations

I'm half glad no-one replied just yet as I completely misspelt the actual name of the food blogging competition :o

It should read 'Selangorlicious' & not as I had previously quoted! (the perils of late night posting)

TopHattedCat Apr 28th 2011 9:48 am

Just been reading up on some Selangor eateries & I think I might have found my second choice; The Out Of Africa restaurant in PJ, their menu looks positively scrumptious :fingerscrossed:

Strider24 Apr 30th 2011 7:15 am

Wish you well in your enterprise. I would offer up some of my favourite Selangor food places, but my taste buds are strictly plebeian, so I'm sure would not be acceptable:( I also have no wish to add to the traffic chaos where everyone on the south side has to drive to the north side for noodles...east to west, north to east ad infinitum. So my haunts are mostly within walking distance.:o

bakedbean Apr 30th 2011 9:32 am

Good for you Tink. I never understand people who do that.

Strider24 Apr 30th 2011 10:17 am

Within walking distance from our Selangor mini unit!!. "24" stalls opposite the market in Jalan Intan Baiduri, Tmn Intan Baiduri wide choice of great stall food, cold beer and excellent ABC. Food prices vary from RM3 to RM6 a dish.

Same road on corner with Jln Intan Baiduri 1d breakfast won ton with superb home made dumplings,(RM3.30) or great curry noodles. Evening bak kut teh. Up the road corner with Jln Baiduri 1c mamah stall under the trees, excellent roti canai and nasi lemak, teh terik or great local kopi. 4 can feast for under RM10.

Nearby in Selayang Jaya in the middle of Jln SJ17, top chicken rice and also do top BBQ pork, roast pork, and blood sausage. We get a group and get a dish of each and feast out. The tea is ordinary so take your own tea leaves.

TopHattedCat Apr 30th 2011 11:31 am

Hey you guys, thanks for the replies:)

Actually I would really like to review some food stalls as well, it doesn't have to be all fine dining venues.

The only non variable stipulation is the eaterie must be located in Selangor.

If it serves good food I don't care if it costs RM5 or RM50

TopHattedCat May 8th 2011 10:36 am

A quick update.

Still in Selangor & reviewed 4 restaurants so far, planning to take the train back on Tuesday. I've never taken the west coast line & I cannot envisage it being anywhere near as scenic as the east coast jungle railway.

My wife is on her way here from Penang today so I'm scratching my head thinking of where to take her tonight for a Mothers day feed.

I've exhausted all the eateries my friends suggested to me & I've got to say one of them was an absolute gem in the most unlikeliest of places on the edge of the Shah Alam industrial estate!

People probably won't venture there but if you do you are in for a gastronomic treat:

http://www.spy.my/selangor/Restoran-...reon-Thai.html

Dunno about tonight, I'll probably wing it & last resort can always be a nice hotel eaterie that will cost me a fortune:(

Still I'm sure wifey will be very happy with that:thumbsup: