Schools in Penang

Old Feb 14th 2016, 7:43 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Schools in Penang

Just starting this topic for others.

I'm retired, widowed, no kids, so I don't know too much about schools I'm afraid. I have a few friends whose kids go to Dalat International School in Tg Bungah and they all seem fairly satisfied with it. I know a couple of teachers too. Anyone want to comment on Dalat? There's a website here:
dalat2015

I also had some correspondence with a teacher from Prince of Wales International School. Actually it was about something else (the Vega), not schooling, but got me looking at their website out of curiousity.
Prince of Wales Island International School - Penang, Malaysia
What a fabulously grand looking building that is.

I've heard that schooling is quite expensive but just hearsay.

Would any in the know like to comment on the topic?
Old Feb 17th 2016, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

InFlagranteDelicto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Schools in Penang

Biggest problem with Dalat is that they dont celebrate the holidays in Malaysia, so if you are working here, you are off but your kid needs to go to school. Its a decent school overall, a bit heavy on the religious woo, but decent.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 5:17 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Is that not the same as other International schools?
Old Feb 17th 2016, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

InFlagranteDelicto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Is that not the same as other International schools?
No the other schools have them off. Dalat doesnt even celebrate Hari Raya.