Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Returning to Malaysia - HOME Quarantine?

Returning to Malaysia - HOME Quarantine?

Old Aug 24th 2021, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Hedge has a brilliant futureHedge has a brilliant futureHedge has a brilliant futureHedge has a brilliant futureHedge has a brilliant futureHedge has a brilliant futureHedge has a brilliant future
Default Returning to Malaysia - HOME Quarantine?

I'm still in Malaysia with LTSVP. I have a close family relative's funeral to attend in the UK. I hear on returning to Malaysia we can now apply for Home Quarantine. This is relatively new and I want to ask if anyone has any experience of this. Application success rate etc. I only returned and hotel quarantined from the UK last November so I'm really not keen to repeat the whole process, especially when merely getting getting clearance to travel is difficult to begin with. Any info well received.
Old Aug 24th 2021, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to Malaysia - HOME Quarantine?

Originally Posted by Hedge
I'm still in Malaysia with LTSVP. I have a close family relative's funeral to attend in the UK. I hear on returning to Malaysia we can now apply for Home Quarantine. This is relatively new and I want to ask if anyone has any experience of this. Application success rate etc. I only returned and hotel quarantined from the UK last November so I'm really not keen to repeat the whole process, especially when merely getting getting clearance to travel is difficult to begin with. Any info well received.
I don't know about home quarantine, but have you already got MYEntry permission to leave and come back? I ask because I may be in the same predicament (close relative's funeral) before the country opens up again. I guessed attending a funeral might not be considered a valid reason.
Old Aug 24th 2021, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

No actual firsthand experience. But the rules are very difficult to follow. Your application for home quarantine will only be approved if your housing situation allows you for being completely isolated from the other family members who live in the same house. Separate room for you to live in, separate bathroom, and so on. Transportation from the airport where you arrive to your home needs to be done by a specialized licensed transportation company: for example the driver needs to be fully dressed in PPE. Not many companies hold such a license, so this is gonna cost you. It is not allowed that a family member (let alone taxi or Grab) picks you up from the airport and bring you home. Even before you send in your application for home quarantine you'll need to pay the total fee for a hotel quarantine. Once you receive approval for your home quarantine you'll have to negotiate yourself to get that fee back from the hotel (the government won't help you with that).
Old Aug 24th 2021, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that still have the 23 Nation ban list and UK is on it- correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to hear otherwise.,
Old Aug 25th 2021, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Hedge has a brilliant futureHedge has a brilliant futureHedge has a brilliant futureHedge has a brilliant futureHedge has a brilliant futureHedge has a brilliant futureHedge has a brilliant future

SushiFan
Thanks for the reply. All noted. The house would be perfectly suitable for home quarantine however as you said, its not clear and you risk 14 days in a hotel. I'm very wary about making the trip because of this but mainly because last year it took over 2 months to get clearance to travel back to Malaysia. Also, once over in UK if the numbers increase, its possible UK could be banned again. Difficult times.

Epicurious
If you're non Malaysian, you don't need permission to leave. You only apply for permission to travel back to Malaysia once you have left.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Epicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond reputeEpicurious has a reputation beyond repute

Epicurious
If you're non Malaysian, you don't need permission to leave. You only apply for permission to travel back to Malaysia once you have left.
Yes, I'm aware of that. I was asking, do you have permission to return already, based upon the need to attend a funeral? My understanding is that you have to apply for permission to re-enter before you leave, which is why I bracketed them together.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Epic

There are no permissions to apply for prior to leaving.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Epic
There are no permissions to apply for prior to leaving.
Directly from the Immigration Dept of Malaysia, MYEntry website:
GUIDELINES FOR PERMISSION TO EXIT MALAYSIA AND RETURN
The applicant is required to obtain
Permission to Exit Malaysia and Return
from Director General of Immigration
Department Malaysia (DGIM).
Those who are exempt from MYEntry:
I. Who do not wish to
return to Malaysia
during RMCO [Presumably also applies to FMCO, MCO etc]
II. Leaving for good
(expiring of pass/
shortened pass)
Old Aug 25th 2021, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Epic

Thanks very much for that! I was not aware of necessity for pre approval if you want to return during MCO. My wife was following information from people that had merely left then applied to return from overseas - which roughly takes a month or two. Last year I had to leave as I didn't have the LTSVP, now I do so obviously your information applies. I'll get onto it and see what can be salvaged. Again, thanks.
Old Aug 25th 2021, 3:13 pm
KK Resident - Retired

Hovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of light

I have a LTSVP and was allowed to home isolate in Sabah in May 2020 after returning from Japan. The reason was that I handed over a piece of paper listing my diagnosis from a Japanese hospital that I had congestive heart failure amongst other things and a list of the six drugs I take daily originally prescribed in Japan but at May 2020 also prescribed by a cardiologist in Sabah. I also handed them copies of letters from both hospitals confirming the details. I also included on the piece of paper a Google satellite picture of the small estate on which I live together with description of my self isolation conditions, remote, isolated and my wife is a retired nurse. The interviewer stated that I obviously cannot self isolate in a quarantine centre as they have no medical facilites.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Epic

Thanks very much for that! I was not aware of necessity for pre approval if you want to return during MCO. My wife was following information from people that had merely left then applied to return from overseas - which roughly takes a month or two. Last year I had to leave as I didn't have the LTSVP, now I do so obviously your information applies. I'll get onto it and see what can be salvaged. Again, thanks.
No worries. Kindly report back on your experience with the MYEntry application process as I expect a few of the members here will be contemplating using it.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

ChrisC1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I ask what is the real process for the MyPass application? I’m married to a Malaysian citizen and I’m working in Vietnam and want to come back to Malaysia to my family.
The online application is extremely confusing (to me) because the User Guide asks for the passport biometric page and 4 pieces of information whereas the actual application form lists the passport plus 6 pieces! However, there’s only the facility to upload 4.
For my 1st application I uploaded the items listed on the User Guide and was rejected for “incomplete documents).
I tried the online enquiry form to JIM and got no answer. My wife called Immigration and they couldn’t give any information at all.
Any thoughts from anyone who has experienced this process? TIA
Chris
Old Sep 12th 2021, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisC1955
For my 1st application I uploaded the items listed on the User Guide and was rejected for “incomplete documents).
Did you submit a "Letter of intention"?

Originally Posted by SushiFan
Even before you send in your application for home quarantine you'll need to pay the total fee for a hotel quarantine.
Anyone already went thru this procedure?

There is a price list with crazy fees for foreigners from safetravel.myeg: https://safetravel.myeg.com.my/pdf/M...avel%20FAQ.pdf

The "operational fee" alone RM 2600, even for babies

Even more confusing there is another webpage for booking quarantine hotels, mysafeq.com.my, but they have almost nothing to choose and only very limited, very expensive hotels. And no option for family booking. Any other option known or direct booking?

Originally Posted by Hovite
The interviewer stated that I obviously cannot self isolate in a quarantine centre as they have no medical facilites.
How this worked out? You could board the airplane to Malaysia without a quarantine hotel booking? And then had the interview at KLIA. Unfortunately the web is full of complaints that the requests for home quarantine are not answered at all.
Old Sep 12th 2021, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

ChrisC1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

I’ve never heard of a letter of intention and it’s nowhere mentioned in any of the guidance fir filling in the form. What is it and how did you hear about it?
Old Sep 12th 2021, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

After being refused without I was told that it is mandatory when applying for travel permit. Don´t remember the source. You have to explain the reason why you want to enter Malaysia. In your case it seems to return back fo family from work abroad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.