British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/)
-   -   Retirement - Malaysia, Thailand or Phillipines??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/retirement-malaysia-thailand-phillipines-263734/)

ally gud Nov 21st 2008 3:42 pm

Re: Thai neighbors

Originally Posted by Chris351 (Post 6994935)
One thing to consider is whether you'll live in the city or 'burbs or rural. Will you live next to Thai neighbors ?

If rural or suburban...
Keep in mind , there are dozens of mangy dogs everywhere that are not controlled in any way- usually they are submissive but some neighborhoods have packs that can get quite aggressive.
Trash disposal is a problem too. My neighbor throws his refuse on the dead end lane between out 2 properties. When the wind is blowing away from his home , and usually toward mine-he'll set in on fire. One day he burned a plastic office chair, the winds died down and it smoldered all night cenveloping my home with toxic fumes .
This happens a lot througout the neighborhood. Tires were burned last week down the street.
Either there is no education regarding pollution, or more likely Thais just don't give a ****

Get used to Boom Boom Boom of the bass from stereos too, very late at night or early early early. . Another neigbor taps rubber so comes home about 5 AM and turns the stereo on ... I get up about 6:30 but my last hour of sleep is always disturbed. He moved in about 4 months ago into a house that was built after I moved into my home. I took care to not have neighbors nearby but 3 houses have been built within the last year and all of them have occupants worse than inconsiderate.

NOne of these people acknowledge me in any way but they do stare at me when I come outdoors and snicker and giggle a lot when I do work around the yard.

I post these numerous detractions as I wish I'd read my posts before I moved here. Thailand is a beautiful county unfortunately there are Thai people living in it ...If not for them it would be a paradise.

Oh, someone mentioned jelly fish in Penang.
They are moving into Thailand, too and into Phuket waters.
Bang tao beach has warning signs and a man wrote the local paper about being stung.
People have been killed and there is some talk that officials have purposely kept this information secret as tourism reigns above all.
I went into the water last week and was stung constantly by seal lice , much worse than in previous years so maybe the water is becoming more habitable for stinging critters.

I previously mentioned political turmoil, I've just found a great site ThaiCrises.com it has a lot of commonsense commentary on many subjects.

As I've said before, Thailand is place to come if you're a man wanting sex, indeed it probably reigns supreme in that category. But that's about it .

I went to phuket and i stay at phi phi island resort around Aug of 2004, 4 months before the tsunami hit thailand. im fortunate to enjoy phi phi before it went disaster. Thank God! i must admit i'm having good time there. phi phi, james bond island, krabi etc really stunning. I also see the thai people love their cats very much and very well taking care. I dont see much family with kids there though maybe because thailand is famous for sex industry. I'm sorry but i'm not a fan of thailand been there once never want to go there again.:unsure: