Reload this Page >

renew passport after visa refused

renew passport after visa refused

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 9:23 am
Just Joined

bluefirec300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default renew passport after visa refused

hi my name is paul

on 2012 sep i applied for unmarried partner visa, at that time my post study work visa expired only at nov 2012, until now 2013 april i received the application refusal letter, so i decided to go back go my country malaysia.

but on april 2013 i don't have my passport yet but just letter of refusal, now i requested the passport back from UKBA and is on the pay, i might get it tomorrow at my local homeoffice.

so after 7 months waiting, i have a trip to europe before i go back to malaysia, but my malaysia passport expired on july 2013, as some europe country require 6 months validity to enter the country, so i might not be able to travel

i called back to malaysia embassy in london this morning but they say no visa no passport, there is no other way to renew my passport unless UKBA shows i have the right remain to stay in UK even few days is enough.

i am so desperate now that i cannot do anything, before i go back to my country.

i wish i could find some helps or any others way to renew my passport....
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 2:18 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renew passport after visa refused

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid I'm struggling to understand what you are saying. Are you saying that you are a Malaysian citizen trying to get a visa for UK? Maybe you can clarify.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Sorry my English is not good. What am I saying. Now ukba took my passport for 7months long and I wilk receive it tomorrow. But I wish to travel to Europe before I go back to my country but unfortunately my passport expired on July and they are not allowed to renew it for me if I don't have visa. Because it is failed. So if I dont have new password I couldn't go to Europe
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

So you have to go back to Malaysia. I suggest that you go home.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluefirec300
Sorry my English is not good. What am I saying. Now ukba took my passport for 7months long and I wilk receive it tomorrow. But I wish to travel to Europe before I go back to my country but unfortunately my passport expired on July and they are not allowed to renew it for me if I don't have visa. Because it is failed. So if I dont have new password I couldn't go to Europe
I'm surprised UKBA held your passport for 7 months.
That's not good at all.
You should have asked for it back sooner even if it meant upsetting them about your visa.

If you get it back tomorrow then as suggested return to Malaysia and then no problems.
If you try to do a European trip because you are next door to European countries at the moment, and problems occur at Passport controls then you might have bigger problems developing.

If you sre in doubt then pop in to the Malaysian Embassy.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

officially it takes about 6 months for application. An about 3 weeks to get my passport back. I will go back for sure just I really wish to travel before I go back. All I want just find ways to get my visa renew. I will deal with any ways just get it renew
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond repute

The UKBA is a shambles! My wife applied for ILR last September (last year, they had such a backlog some people still hadn't heard after 8 or 9 months). It took 5 months before she finally received it. The UKBA held onto both of our passports for that time. If you request them back, they automatically cancel your application and you lose the money (they have neither compassion nor conscience!). It doesn't matter if the applicant's current visa expires in the meantime (hers expired in November 2012). I cannot think of anywhere else in the World an Immigration service would hold onto passports for that length of time.

We were regular watchers and contributors to this forum: http://www.immigrationboards.com/ (Mods - is this link allowed?) where you may be able to find out if anyone there has similar circumstances to your own.

Provided you had applied for a visa prior to your current visa expiring, then you may (I have stressed may deliberately, because I don't know for certain) have a few days (possibly 14?) grace period in the U.K. before they tell you that you are in the U.K. illegally, because you should normally have the right of appeal (depending on your circumstances). However, I think you should consult an immigration-qualified solicitor as soon as possible (it will cost, unfortunately). Another possibility is to contact the Citizen's Advice Bureau - they may be able to provide some advice, which will be free of charge. The next step is to visit the Malaysian High Commission in London a.s.a.p. and ask what your options are, particularly regarding renewing your passport. If you can get it renewed, then you should be able to travel within Europe, but in any case you wouldn't be able to return to the U.K. within 12 months of departure.

Good Luck!
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bluenose1
The UKBA is a shambles! My wife applied for ILR last September (last year, they had such a backlog some people still hadn't heard after 8 or 9 months). It took 5 months before she finally received it. The UKBA held onto both of our passports for that time. If you request them back, they automatically cancel your application and you lose the money (they have neither compassion nor conscience!). It doesn't matter if the applicant's current visa expires in the meantime (hers expired in November 2012). I cannot think of anywhere else in the World an Immigration service would hold onto passports for that length of time.

We were regular watchers and contributors to this forum: http://www.immigrationboards.com/ (Mods - is this link allowed?) where you may be able to find out if anyone there has similar circumstances to your own.

Provided you had applied for a visa prior to your current visa expiring, then you may (I have stressed may deliberately, because I don't know for certain) have a few days (possibly 14?) grace period in the U.K. before they tell you that you are in the U.K. illegally, because you should normally have the right of appeal (depending on your circumstances). However, I think you should consult an immigration-qualified solicitor as soon as possible (it will cost, unfortunately). Another possibility is to contact the Citizen's Advice Bureau - they may be able to provide some advice, which will be free of charge. The next step is to visit the Malaysian High Commission in London a.s.a.p. and ask what your options are, particularly regarding renewing your passport. If you can get it renewed, then you should be able to travel within Europe, but in any case you wouldn't be able to return to the U.K. within 12 months of departure.

Good Luck!
thanks for your reply mate!

yes i have the right to appeal, but i called in 2 days after i get the letter of refusal said to them i do not want to appeal, they say alright then they will request the passport from the sheffield to our local centre and when it is ready they will call me to collect in person, but i suppose to get it last week but they postpone to this week today 23th, so hopefully they call me or i will call them back before 3pm, they told me i have 28 days from the letter of refusal but they don't say it belong to legal or illegal

but i am thinking, if i can proof that right now i am still legal, even is 1 day, i could get my passport renew, ( if UKBA provide some support document, but i don't think they would )

i tried to call to malaysia embassy but to be honest he wasn't that friendly when i tell my situation, they straight away reply me (you know you are now illegally staying in UK ah! *malay accent, eh adik, no visa no passport, i tried to explain further that it wasn't all my mistake as UKBA took my passport for 7 months long, and also, he then reply you should renew before apply ) but the malaysia passport renew need start from 6 months or less then only able to renew, i then try to ask any other options or advise he can give to me then he answer ( *malay accent, no visa no passport, cancel your trip lah!)

i feel so desperate now, i tried to call one of my malay friend here to call in the embassy whether can get a better advise or not, but they start not answering the phone again!

i am not planning to come back to UK! i will try to deal with the local UKBA office if they call me for my passport, i am not returning UK i just wish i could go to europe before i go home...
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 10:57 am
Just Joined

thanks for your reply mate!

yes i have the right to appeal, but i called in 2 days after i get the letter of refusal said to them i do not want to appeal, they say alright then they will request the passport from the sheffield to our local centre and when it is ready they will call me to collect in person, but i suppose to get it last week but they postpone to this week today 23th, so hopefully they call me or i will call them back before 3pm, they told me i have 28 days from the letter of refusal but they don't say it belong to legal or illegal

but i am thinking, if i can proof that right now i am still legal, even is 1 day, i could get my passport renew, ( if UKBA provide some support document, but i don't think they would )

i tried to call to malaysia embassy but to be honest he wasn't that friendly when i tell my situation, they straight away reply me (you know you are now illegally staying in UK ah! *malay accent, eh adik, no visa no passport, i tried to explain further that it wasn't all my mistake as UKBA took my passport for 7 months long, and also, he then reply you should renew before apply ) but the malaysia passport renew need start from 6 months or less then only able to renew, i then try to ask any other options or advise he can give to me then he answer ( *malay accent, no visa no passport, cancel your trip lah!)

i feel so desperate now, i tried to call one of my malay friend here to call in the embassy whether can get a better advise or not, but they start not answering the phone again!

i am not planning to come back to UK! i will try to deal with the local UKBA office if they call me for my passport, i am not returning UK i just wish i could go to europe before i go home...
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 1:28 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

That's really an eye opener about UKBA... what a shambles. And there are those that think UK is first world country and Malaysia third world. Mmmm think again.

Just to wish you best of luck Bluefire. I imagine you will be relieved to get back home.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

i just called in, they are not allow to give my passport back if i don't show them a valid flight ticket to leave UK, i have no problem to leave UK, i want to leave UK, i just hope i can get the passport renew before i go back, i begged them that i just need any document that i am currently in UK still legally even in one day, then i can get my passport renew