Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Queen Elizabeth has arrived in Penang !

Queen Elizabeth has arrived in Penang !

Old Apr 6th 2016, 2:28 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Queen Elizabeth has arrived in Penang !

No, no, no. It's the ship!

Regrettably it's a hazy ol' day today, so cannot see Weld Quay very well from my lofty view. Just a vague outline of the vessel.

Apparently there will be thousands of folks descending into the streets of Georgetown, so a good day to avoid I reckon.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 12:33 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queen Elizabeth has arrived in Penang !

A bit fuzzy and definitely not up to Owned's high quality standard pics, but managed to snap and zoom in on the splendid vessel as it left Georgetown tonight.
Attached Thumbnails Queen Elizabeth has arrived in Penang !-qe-way-out.jpg  
Old Apr 6th 2016, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

owned has a reputation beyond reputeowned has a reputation beyond reputeowned has a reputation beyond reputeowned has a reputation beyond reputeowned has a reputation beyond reputeowned has a reputation beyond reputeowned has a reputation beyond reputeowned has a reputation beyond reputeowned has a reputation beyond reputeowned has a reputation beyond reputeowned has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't matter about the quality, just great that you got the pic and to see it.

Must have be amazing to see something that big coming out the harbor.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 1:32 pm

You actually see quite a few large vessels berthing at Weld Quay. A lot of them look like floating hotels, which I suppose they are, but the QE is quite classy.

I cannot say I have ever been attracted to cruises though clearly a lot of people are.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
You actually see quite a few large vessels berthing at Weld Quay. A lot of them look like floating hotels, which I suppose they are, but the QE is quite classy.

I cannot say I have ever been attracted to cruises though clearly a lot of people are.
BB glad you got that non-sense MM2H behind and now you can move on. Id pen a report to humiliate the government agents.
I would't reject a cruise ship. Weve done about 6 and some were better than others...of course you will need a companion for conversation and to split the bill. The rest is up to you...there are lots of people in your own age/attitude and you may end up with BBF's..... or the opposite.
We particulrly liked Holland American as they employ mainly Balinese who understand service very well. The officer crew are usually Dutch and, so long as they dont drink, have a reputation of being quite skilled.
Ours was the Alaskan cruise in July 2014 for a week Vancouver-Vancouver...it was so scenic we saw wild bears, dolphins, killer whales and eagles and a giant fjord calving...food and drink and entertainment was constant. This cruise has a couple of pools but only the kids and parents use.
For the 2 of us with an outside window and 6 bottles of fine wine, which can be taken back to the room or left marked for the morrow...plus a few beers at lunch and cocktails during happy hour....
Cost altogether around USD2500

There are cheap boats positioning for the alaska cruise that depart from Singapore.

Last edited by Davita; Apr 6th 2016 at 6:21 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2016, 3:48 am

BBFs? Here we go again.

British Baseball Federation ?
Blooming BoyFriends ?

Do Tell.

It doesn't really appeal to me. You're just sitting about eating and drinking and trapped with others.
Old Apr 7th 2016, 3:57 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
BBFs? Here we go again.

British Baseball Federation ?
Blooming BoyFriends ?

Do Tell.
Trust me, you don't want to know.
Old Apr 7th 2016, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry...I'm trying to be hip...I thought it meant Best Buddy Forever but according to urban dictionary I got that wrong...my apologies.
I think I meant BFF (best friends forever) but apparently that can also be misconstrued ...maybe I should just be my age and write in longhand.
Old Apr 7th 2016, 9:09 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davita
...maybe I should just be my age and write in longhand.
WWYDT ? NRNF. DWBH !

¡ʎddɐɥ ǝq ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop ˙unɟ ou ʞsıɹ ou ¿ ʇɐɥʇ op noʎ pןnoʍ ʎɥʍ

JC3
Old Apr 7th 2016, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JC3
WWYDT ? NRNF. DWBH !

¡ʎddɐɥ ǝq ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop ˙unɟ ou ʞsıɹ ou ¿ ʇɐɥʇ op noʎ pןnoʍ ʎɥʍ

JC3
Anyone know JC3's address...
I tried to read his post upside-down, got to the one DWBH then slipped and broke my hip...want to send him the hospital bill....
Old Apr 7th 2016, 9:35 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to read his post upside-down, got to the one DWBH then slipped and broke my hip...want to send him the hospital bill....
Yes he lives at 808 Jalan Perak, 10400 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia

Last edited by InVinoVeritas; Apr 7th 2016 at 9:38 am. Reason: All correspondence should be adressed c/o The Matron
Old Apr 7th 2016, 9:48 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Yes he lives at 808 Jalan Perak, 10400 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Don't send it there. (Psychiatric Ward, Penang Hospital). I left last night. Try the Queen Elizabeth.

JC3

Matron's going to be cross about me borrowing her uniform.

Last edited by JC3; Apr 7th 2016 at 9:56 am.
Old Apr 7th 2016, 10:01 am
Hostage Negotiator

Originally Posted by JC3
Matron's going to be cross about me borrowing her uniform.
Mrs JC3 might not be too chuffed at having to wear it

Last edited by InVinoVeritas; Apr 7th 2016 at 10:01 am. Reason: Don't forget to post the pics!
Old Apr 7th 2016, 10:02 am

It's the heat, isn't it.
Old Apr 7th 2016, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

So JC3 has skipped town on the QE...maybe before the investigation of his investment in 1MDB and his association with a legal firm in Panama comes to light.
Don't worry 'bout me as you sip your cocktails on the ship's verandah...
I'm hobbling around just OK! I patched my hip with duct-tape someone put over my mouth....and an elastic band.

Did you pay in advance for that space in the Institution in Penang for the decrepit, delusional, obsessive compulsive with a touch of Tourette's syndrome....I can do with some free therapy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.