Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Property ownership costs

Property ownership costs

Old Apr 18th 2013, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Nakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Property ownership costs

'Quit rent' and 'Assessment tax' are two new terms that I've uncovered as we research the possibility of buying a place in KL. it would really help in our financial model to know what the rates and frequencies of these charges are but I can't find a suitable website. Can any property owners in KL (I guess rates are state dependent) shed any light on this?
Old Apr 20th 2013, 2:09 am
KK Resident - Retired

Hovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of lightHovite is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Property ownership costs

I think you will find these vary depending on the property. A local real estate agent and/or lawyer should be able to give you details. One important factor when buying a property is to ensure the vendor/developer is up to date with quit rent payments.