Possible move to Cyberjaya with a 2 year old

Possible move to Cyberjaya with a 2 year old

Old Jan 22nd 2014, 1:29 pm
mkk
Just Joined

mkk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possible move to Cyberjaya with a 2 year old

Hi,

Looks like my husband will be starting a job in Cyberjaya in May, and my son and I will be joining him two months later (due to my exams).

My question is, what do you do with a two year old in Malaysia?
I'm danish and things are a bit different. I see nexus start their early years program from 3 years, so what do I do with him until then? Is it called a nursery or kindergarden? I'm just a bit lost at what to look for.

Thanks for any input :-)

Oh and it's not that I can't take care of my wonderful boy, it's coz i would like for him to have some friends to play with ;-)

And any other recommendations about Cyberjaya would be wonderful, thanks :-)
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 3:03 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible move to Cyberjaya with a 2 year old

Hi. I know that several folks have mentioned meetup.com Might be worth a look to see if there are other mothers/children in your area who meet up. If you cannot find one, you could start one up?

If you're moving to a condo, you have the advantage of meeting others around the swimming pool and quite probable there will be others with kids there. Don't restrict yourself to expats only....talk to any local Malaysians...most are very friendly and will speak English.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

JKLMAL14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm not sure whereabouts Cyberjaya is but I have a 2 year old daughter (3 in Oct) who is eligible to attend full time nursery from Sept at the new Epsom College in Bandar Enstek opening in Sept.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 9:17 am
mkk
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply. My boy doesn't turn 3 until march 2015, but thanks for the advise :-)
Old Jan 25th 2014, 11:00 am
Just Joined

chengcherng is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mkk
Hi,

Looks like my husband will be starting a job in Cyberjaya in May, and my son and I will be joining him two months later (due to my exams).

My question is, what do you do with a two year old in Malaysia?
I'm danish and things are a bit different. I see nexus start their early years program from 3 years, so what do I do with him until then? Is it called a nursery or kindergarden? I'm just a bit lost at what to look for.

Thanks for any input :-)

Oh and it's not that I can't take care of my wonderful boy, it's coz i would like for him to have some friends to play with ;-)

And any other recommendations about Cyberjaya would be wonderful, thanks :-)
Hi, please feel free to whatsapp or contact me, Wong here at +6017287943 for more info on our local Cyberjaya information.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 12:01 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there. Why don't you answer some of the questions on here. That would be nice.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

TikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to beholdTikkaMasala is a splendid one to behold

Cyberjaya is a business park located very close to Putrajaya which is the Federal Government's administrative city specifically built with the intention of housing and providing office space for government employees.

It's approx 45 km (28 miles) from Kuala Lumpur and a commute should take you between 25-30 minutes on the Maju Expressway at a speed of 62mph (100km/h).

In terms of activities around Cyberjaya, it's part of Malaysia's Multimedia Super Corridor; a concept coined in the late 1990s of a city which is technologically advanced in terms of telecommunications and science.

I've only been a couple of times but I managed to find a PUB called the Hops and Grapes there! It tends to get quiet at night because people tend to work in Cyberjaya during the day and bugger off home to KL or Dengkil after work.

If you like parks, Cyberjaya Lake Gardens (400 acres(!) according to a traveller's website; might be an opportunity to bring your 2-year old there.

Other than that, I found it to be slightly boring compared to what KL is able to offer (sorry!). But on the other hand you won't have to worry about traffic jams or navigating the perilous streets of the CBD.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 2:59 pm
mkk
Just Joined

Thanks for the information TikkaMasala :-)

It's kind of what we thought (the boring bit ;-) but with a two year old that's okay, coz he get up early EVERY day ;-)

The park sounds good. Will have to take him there