Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Is Penang a suburb of Sydney?

Is Penang a suburb of Sydney?

Old Oct 4th 2010, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is Penang a suburb of Sydney?

Think I will back out of this before I step out of my depth
Old Oct 14th 2010, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

redbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Strider24
Think I will back out of this before I step out of my depth
Wise move, Strider. You don't want to alienate The Beans!

Back to the question "Is Penang a suburb of Sydney?". Not just yet, but give us some time and Penang will be populated by Aussies.

Right now, Penang is looking pretty cosmopolitan especially around the Tanjung Bungah / Batu Ferringhi areas. You can't move without bumping into expats just like KL.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by redbean
Wise move, Strider. You don't want to alienate The Beans!

Back to the question "Is Penang a suburb of Sydney?". Not just yet, but give us some time and Penang will be populated by Aussies.

Right now, Penang is looking pretty cosmopolitan especially around the Tanjung Bungah / Batu Ferringhi areas. You can't move without bumping into expats just like KL.
You mean it will become Aussie again...after the RAAF left town!!
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Strider24
Probably more correctly Adelaide as its founders popa founded Penang...a while ago
Not forgetting the wallabies a gift from the government of South Australia by a rather flamboyant premier by the name of Don Dunstan.

He had quite a soft spot for Penang.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

You mean the gentleman(?) who used to wear tight pink shorts? Probably using the Col.Light connection. Anyway Aussies will get rid of wallabies any way they can lah...(not the Rugby team however)
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Well Kuta,in Bali, is a burb of Perth isn't it,or as near as damn it, so Penang could be on the way to joining Sydney,I suppose.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:14 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

That's fine with me. I like Aussies. Mmmm I like Aussie interest rates too Rumoured to be increasing again next time around
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bakedbean
That's fine with me. I like Aussies. Mmmm I like Aussie interest rates too Rumoured to be increasing again next time around
Aussie interest are indeed on the way up unless something very nasty happens which no one can see as of yet.

Am a big fan myself as liked to be rewarded for having cash invested with the bank and UK and European banks are a bad joke.

Laos,out of interest, was offering 10% last time checked.