Reload this Page >

Opening a representative office in KL

Opening a representative office in KL

Old Oct 28th 2012, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

peebee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Opening a representative office in KL

Hey there,

I am a Swede not a Brit but I lived in Mancunia for three years so I hope that qualifies me to belong to your fine group of expats! (plus I am long time "Citeh" fan I am arriving to KL in early Nov and I would like to draw on your communal wisdom regarding the following:

1. I need to find a modern place to live (1-2 bed) for around RM 3,000 per month. I don't want to live in KLCC if I don't have to but I do need easy access to the KL Sentral to get to the airport often.
2. I need to open a representative office for my little entertainment software company (I like this whole MSC thing)
3. As the owner, I need to get a work visa. (I am currently incorporated in the the US)

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Cheers!

Last edited by peebee; Oct 28th 2012 at 6:47 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

abdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opening a representative office in KL

Hi peebee

I've looked into MSC as I tried to get on that bandwagon!

When you get here, visit the MSC offices in Cyberjaya and they'll explain eveything to you in detail, especially whether or not your business falls into one of their clusters. They can also assist with your work visa if MSC application is successful.

You may need to consider having a condo nearby your office as MSC status requires you to have office in an MSC designated area such as the one in Damansara or new MSC offices in Puchong.

Regards
Abdul
Old Oct 29th 2012, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Good info - Thanks Abdul!

-Peter
Old Nov 1st 2012, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

KLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to all

Life long Citeh fan? You must have lived in Stockport then ;-)
Old Nov 1st 2012, 1:22 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Come on you Spurs!
Old Nov 1st 2012, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Hehe - close. I lived in Cheadle and my "Citeh" home pub was The George :-)
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

ThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud ofThomasK has much to be proud of

KL Sentral has offices that are designated as MSC Cybercentres: http://www.klsentral.com.my/AUS_MSCCyberCentre.aspx

There are apartments at KL Sentral too, such as Suasana Sentral, but rentals are pretty steep. You can search at mudah.my

Thomas K
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Cool, thanks Thomas!
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

abdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond repute

Hi peebee

Have you arrived in KL yet?

Regards
Abdul Awwal
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 5:22 am
Just Joined

Yes, I sure have (I arrived about 3 weeks ago) but I haven't started the on any business details yet. I have first focused on basics like a condo, banking, internet and other living arrangements. It has been pretty quick and easy so far. Kudos to Malaysia! I am delighted how well things are functioning here and how eager those I have come in contact with have been to provide constructive help. The high level of English communication ability has certainly also helped. I hope all goes as smoothly in the future!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Sounds great peebee.

I arrived on 24th September. Got my own place on rent on 2nd October. Moved in on 10th October. Ordered Fibre Internet from Maxis on 11th October. Internet installation on 31st October! So far so good...

Now, I'm concentrating on getting business stuff sorted out with company registration as well as immigration stuff. Thats taking a bit of time!

Regards
Abdul