Reload this Page >

Online Grocery Shopping in KL

Online Grocery Shopping in KL

Old Aug 21st 2012, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

SophieUK will become famous soon enough
Default Online Grocery Shopping in KL

Hi Guys!

Anyone had any experience with this? Just wondering how the quality of the goods/service was and whether it's worth me doing this rather than trying to juggle work and everything else!

I love food shopping, but without a car it's a nightmare and I'm working long hours at the moment. I'd love to visit the wet markets and get fresh stuff from there, how do the supermarkets/wet markets compare on price?

Cheers!
Old Aug 30th 2012, 1:21 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online Grocery Shopping in KL

Hi Sophie

Don't have any direct experience of this but why not give it a try and see if it works?

Wet markets will generally be cheaper than supermarkets (unless you shop at the Lucky Garden, Bangsar wet market which is reportedly the most expensive in the Klang Valley). From my experience the produce will be fresher.

If you are short of time perhaps you could try the weekend Pasar Malam? I like the one at Bangsar, near the mosque, on a sunday afternoon/evening.

Cheers
ajw
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Zuzanna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sophie,

There are some companies providing online grocery service in KL already. I personally find it very convenient, as I don't have a car yet and travelling with heavy bags in public transport is just so problematic.

You can use Doorstep or Tesco (I've heard they already deliver)... Or try Redtick (redtick.com.my), this is the one I tested myself and I'm very satisfied with the service they provide. Delivery in 24 hours, including fresh fish and veggies.

Cheers!
Old Sep 25th 2012, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

Try Cold Storage, one of their better outlets is in Great Eastern mall on Jln. Ampang. http://www.coldstorage.com.my/