Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

New Expat in Kuala Lumpur

New Expat in Kuala Lumpur

Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:51 am
Just Joined

AmandaChini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Expat in Kuala Lumpur

Thank you! Much appreciated (: if you have any friends in KL...tell them to go to Reggae Bar in Chinatown...that's where I'm headed (:
Old Oct 15th 2011, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Cpt_Jack has a brilliant futureCpt_Jack has a brilliant futureCpt_Jack has a brilliant futureCpt_Jack has a brilliant futureCpt_Jack has a brilliant futureCpt_Jack has a brilliant futureCpt_Jack has a brilliant future

Ah, you'll get on fine I'm sure. I'm a 'youngster' as well and let me tell you, everyone is pretty friendly regardless. Oh, and weren't we rated as 10th safest country out here?!

I don't really mix with the ex-pats that much, I (obviously) don't drink so I'm never in the bars but I get on very will with the locals. That said there are a fair few I do know and we tend to go to somewhere like Colosseum for steak or something. It's a bizarre place run by a tiny Chinese guy and decked out like an old railway cafe but huge potions so all good :-D

I'm also getting to know KL like the back of my hand since being here, to the extent that my knowledge outclasses those of many locals :-P I'm always giving impromptu tours of the city to parts that people know little about. KL does have everything, you've just gotta find it...

Jack
Old Oct 16th 2011, 2:39 am
Just Joined

AmandaChini is an unknown quantity at this point

hahaha I know, barely getting used to it...