Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Name cards / business cards in Penang

Name cards / business cards in Penang

Old Dec 19th 2015, 3:13 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Name cards / business cards in Penang

There was an old thread on this from 2013, now closed up.

A friend is looking to get some contact cards printed up (fairly quickly). Can anyone recommend a place in Tg Bungah / Tg Tokong / Pulau Tikus area. Needs to be somewhere fairly easy to park. I am driving the friend and I really don't want to bat into downtown Georgetown.... parking and traffic jams such a pain in the arse in GT.

Yes, I have asked at the obvious place. The photocopy shop at Prima Tanjung, Tg Tokong, and they say they don't do contact cards. They do photocopies and laminates. I guess that has changed as I know JC3 recommended this place before.

If I don't hear of a personal recommendation somewhere else, I think we shall head over to Midlands One Stop on Monday as there seems to be umpteen printing shops over there.

Anyone?
Old Dec 19th 2015, 9:58 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name cards / business cards in Penang

Originally Posted by bakedbean

A friend is looking to get some contact cards printed up (fairly quickly). Can anyone recommend a place in Tg Bungah / Tg Tokong / Pulau Tikus area. Yes, I have asked at the obvious place. The photocopy shop at Prima Tanjung, Tg Tokong, and they say they don't do contact cards. They do photocopies and laminates. I guess that has changed as I know JC3 recommended this place before.

Anyone?
Hi BB,

The place I recommended is CNC Printing Solution, 14 Jalan Fettes (at the top on the right, near the traffic lights). They have printed contact cards for me three times to date both mono and colour - even doing the layout for free. Are we talking about the same place? (If we are, damn!).

JC3
Old Dec 19th 2015, 10:52 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no I went to the place over the road at Prima Tanjung

Up by the traffic lights okey dokey. I'll check that one out. Thanks.
Where do you park for that place? Round the back or can you park outside?
Old Dec 19th 2015, 11:24 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Oh no I went to the place over the road at Prima Tanjung

Up by the traffic lights okey dokey. I'll check that one out. Thanks.
Where do you park for that place? Round the back or can you park outside?
Usually I risk parking about 100 yards before the print shop, on the left, near the Indian temple.

JC3
Old Dec 19th 2015, 12:59 pm

Cheers
Old Dec 19th 2015, 1:57 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend at Fettes Park, I'm sure she'd let you park there
Old Dec 19th 2015, 10:43 pm

Hahahaha..... yeh I thought of that but then it's a slog walking through all the Fettes Road stalls and triple parking and bikes going in all directions and with friend in tow, and as I am driving from *somewhere else*......

Anyway see how it goes. I'll update on here. Thanks again to JC3.
Old Dec 21st 2015, 5:24 am

Wow, this is quite some print shop. Thanks JC3....I would give you some karma but it says you've had too much

They don't have a website (I think) so I've taken a pic of their contact card front and back, if anyone wants to use.

I took my friend along this morning. It was really packed out in there. They also do passport photos. I might try that out in the new year.

My friend actually wanted some quite fancy professional "gateway style" four sided cards, two colours. They quoted RM 100 for 300, and suggested she send them a jpeg file for them to work on. I thought that was an OK price for a superduper card. Looks like she will go ahead with them.

I imagine a basic 2 sided card would be somewhat cheaper.
Attached Thumbnails Name cards / business cards in Penang-img_2347.jpg  

Last edited by bakedbean; Dec 21st 2015 at 5:25 am. Reason: added a bit
Old Dec 21st 2015, 5:33 am

Another option to mention.....

I've used a print shop up in the heavens of Midlands One Stop (Burmah Road opposite Adventist). This was for a few printing jobs.... postcards, bookmarks, some artwork.

Last week I thought I would just email them and see what their prices are like for contact cards. My contact emailed

RM 38 for 100 pieces
RM 43 for 200 pieces

I'm not sure if this is 1 sided or 2 sided printing, but just another option.

They do have a website and it's here if anyone wants to browse:
Jprint Studio | more than just ink on paper

Personally, I think I might try CNC next time I have some printing to be done. A busy shop does suggest good work, doesn't it?
Old Jan 12th 2016, 7:58 am

Just a little bit more feedback on CNC Printing at Fettes Park.

My chum was very happy with her "gateway style" contact cards. They looked good to me.

I went and got some passport style pics done today, actually for the MM2H visa. The choice is 6 pics or 12 pics. I got 6 done. They asked me for which country. I said Malaysia and I got a nice bright blue background. Crikey, hope that is correct. Anyway, only 14 ringgits.

I noticed a sign up with change of business hours. It's now Monday to Friday 10am to 7pm. Saturday 10am to 2pm. Closed Sundays and Public Holidays.