Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

My Malaysia/Penang 'Blog'

My Malaysia/Penang 'Blog'

Old Mar 20th 2011, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice
Default My Malaysia/Penang 'Blog'

I decided to start a blog to diarise the progress with my plans to emigrate which will be be a useful record for me and maybe of help to others in the future. Will be handy for me to keep it all in one place rather than across multiple posts (albeit I will update releavnt issues here as progress is made).

Bit premature in some cases in respect of the title etc etc but these things can always be changed should my mind get changed. Somehow I doubt it will. Good to start now while in the early stages and info is still fresh in my mind. The "Pick" component is the first part of my surname so it will strike a chord with friends and family Any comments welcome re the design etc, again, changing early is better. Links and other blogs will be added when I get time. Postings in earnest will start from 19 April when I travel to Malaysia.

Blog is here: http://pickofpenang.blogspot.com
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Malaysia/Penang 'Blog'

Very nice blog Atilla! Looking forward to reading more!

Best wishes,
Columbine
Old Mar 21st 2011, 4:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Very much agree with above. Have some thoughts of moving there also. Well it's an option along with a few others.
Having lived in Malaysia a couple of decades back any on the ground info on how things are there these days would be warmly welcome.

Best of luck in Penang.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:06 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Good blog but what if you take to Panama?

I think you can stick blogs on your Profile on here. I think Strider does that.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice

Thanks for comments. Bakedbean: I doubt I will to be honest, easy enough to alter detail if I do though, it will just become Pick of Panama

Seriously though I don't think Panama will do it for me, to such an extent I've no plans to visit, at least yet. It would be Ok I suppose but I think there are more problems than I'd like there crime wise, esp out of Panama City, lot of corruption and it's less well placed. Good for visiting the US and other Central American countries but what else? Some attractions on the retirement visa front but won't have the buzz of Asian cities I feel, I also think the cost of living is not as good. But like I say, these blogs are easily edited and what I have posted to date and in the future will form the backdrop to wherever I settle

I mainly did it for me to diarise my exploits, if it helps or is of interest to others, that's great too. I suspect it will grow considerably over the coming weeks, esp between 19 April and 11 May!!!

I'll look at linking it to here, thanks.

Last edited by Atilla; Mar 21st 2011 at 8:00 am.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice

Originally Posted by Atilla
I decided to start a blog to diarise the progress with my plans to emigrate which will be be a useful record for me and maybe of help to others in the future. Will be handy for me to keep it all in one place rather than across multiple posts (albeit I will update releavnt issues here as progress is made).

Bit premature in some cases in respect of the title etc etc but these things can always be changed should my mind get changed. Somehow I doubt it will. Good to start now while in the early stages and info is still fresh in my mind. The "Pick" component is the first part of my surname so it will strike a chord with friends and family Any comments welcome re the design etc, again, changing early is better. Links and other blogs will be added when I get time. Postings in earnest will start from 19 April when I travel to Malaysia.

Blog is here: http://pickofpenang.blogspot.com
added your Blog to my links page in www.andrewsforums.com
firefox
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Many thanks. Added a link back to yours
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice

Originally Posted by Atilla
Many thanks. Added a link back to yours
Thanks I am looking forward to reading your adventures ready for when I move to Malaysia
firefox
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to my visit I must say. Blog is mainly full of the planning and preparation stuff at moment, that said, planning and prep that would likely be relevant to anyone. Post 19 April i expect the blog will be very busy
Old Mar 26th 2011, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Great Blog. Well done
Old Mar 26th 2011, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just under "Malaysia". Have a good trip.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:22 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Why not start a new thread on Pahang?
Old Apr 1st 2011, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Scrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really niceScrasey2 is just really nice

Love the blog!

I moved from Bristol, England to Penang at the end of Feb and am just getting used to the area so your blog is great.

My Husband is working in Kulim so I am just enjoying the break from work and finding my way round.

Good luck with the move!

Sarah.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, you'd know more than I then as you are there Lots of info I've gleaned from some very helpful forum members though and in three weeks, the blog will increase rapidly in content. Good luck in Penang
Old Apr 25th 2011, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

TopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Good blog but what if you take to Panama?

I think you can stick blogs on your Profile on here. I think Strider does that.
Actually I would like to do that but I don't know how. I've looked in the 'My Profile' page & added the url into 'Home Page url' and added it into extended signature but it does not appear to be working.

Can any kind soul point me in the right direction?

btw.....My site is not a blog but a review website covering all of Malaysia, only started it this year & it is already up to 200 pages of unique original content with the Penang section containing the most info as I am based there, here's the site if anyone wants to check its credentials:

http://www.spy.my

I am presuming by this it should be in the signature & not the actual post like I have done here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.