Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Meganalicefoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to Malaysia April 2013

Hello,
I'm 20 year old girl, from Yorkshire UK
I've got a one way ticket to KL for the 5th of April 2013
Hoping to start a fresh and make a life over there
I've been to Malaysia and Borneo before alone, and fell in love with the country and the people
I have qualifications in various subjects ranging from animal studies to working with children
If anyone has any tips on getting a job, accomodation, visas ect
It would really be appreciated.
Please get in touch
Hope to hear from some of you x
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Moving to Malaysia April 2013

Someone please reply
Old Jan 8th 2013, 1:47 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum. Errr what visa are you coming in on?
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

I was told I could come in on a normal 90day visa and obtain a working visa or others when I arrive if I went to the embassy.
I'm concerned that I've got it wrong
Old Jan 8th 2013, 9:46 pm
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

To obtain a working visa you will, in most instances, need to be sponsored by a Malaysian employer. For this to happen they and immigration need to be satisfied that you have qualifications/experience that cannot be found in a local candidate. You will not simply be able to swap your holiday visa for a working one unfortunately.

Start having a look at job websites now. Eg. Jobstreet.com.my.

Last edited by ajw; Jan 8th 2013 at 9:58 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Yeah I rang the malaysian embassy in London earlier and they told me,
Yikes, gonna have to start applying for jobs and if not reconsider moving on after 90day visa expires

Anyone got any advice?
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:25 pm
ajw

ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Get your CV sorted now and start applying just prior to leaving. You can always do a visa run after 90 days if you want to keep on trying.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

evop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really nice

Originally Posted by Meganalicefoot
Yeah I rang the malaysian embassy in London earlier and they told me,
Yikes, gonna have to start applying for jobs and if not reconsider moving on after 90day visa expires

Anyone got any advice?
Remember it is likely to be fine to go to Thailand (or wherever) for a couple days and go right back into Malaysia for 90 more days. Eventually they might start to question you but most like the first time it wouldn't be a problem.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Providing you have the money to sustain a longer stay sans income then the above would indeed apply. Although Malaysia is far from being the cheapest country in the region.....

I'll be a great experience at any rate. Malaysians are friendly folk....I've known a few Western girls fall for the charms of local fella's and stay through marriage as well.....
Old Jan 14th 2013, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

I think my plan at the moment is apply for as much as I can and send my cv wherever will accept it. I'm going to go an stay the 90 days hoping to find someone willing to process me a work visa through employment while I go to another country and wait a while then re enter malaysia when I have a visa. I don't want to return back to the UK and I will do anything possible to stay out there
Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Nemodot is just really niceNemodot is just really niceNemodot is just really niceNemodot is just really niceNemodot is just really niceNemodot is just really niceNemodot is just really niceNemodot is just really nice

Stay away.

At 20 you cannot be employed. Hard enough for skilled professionals (27 genreally , 22 for IT) with qualifications and experience to just turn up and get a job.

The only jobs are illegal and shall we say involve "entertainment services for older gentlemen" and you prob would get caught after a while.

Sorry to be blunt but don't waste your time.

Get a degree in UK, get a CELTA and head off to Thailand/China and teach English. If you can't do that then you have no way of working in the East unless the above immoral option is taken. I don't reccomend that but silly to raise your hopes with nonsense! Or marry a rich man who retires here......
Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:47 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meganalicefoot
I have qualifications in various subjects ranging from animal studies to working with children
More thoughts:

Working as a Nanny (private)? I don't know quite how that works these days. But I'm sure google might come up with something. Many years ago, a friend of mine did this (she was in her 20s) and got to travel to all sorts of exotic places. Rotten job though.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

abdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

What qualifications do you have precisely?

Regards
Abdul
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:57 am
ajw

Originally Posted by bakedbean
More thoughts:

Working as a Nanny (private)? I don't know quite how that works these days. But I'm sure google might come up with something. Many years ago, a friend of mine did this (she was in her 20s) and got to travel to all sorts of exotic places. Rotten job though.
Isn't RedDragon2008 looking for a nanny? I thought it was on the list...
Old Jan 20th 2013, 11:42 am

Now there's a thought. Would I get commission?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.