Reload this Page >

Moving to KL with twin babies

Moving to KL with twin babies

Old May 1st 2015, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Gravysmuggler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to KL with twin babies

Good Morning Everyone!

My husband and I are moving to KL at the end of June with our currently 9 week old twins. We're planning on living around KLCC (preferably close to the park) due to the location of my husbands office. Any Mummy's or Daddy's out there have experience of living with little ones in the area? Do you know what the buggie/stroller access is like? Any insight/thoughts much appreciated.

Thank you and enjoy the holiday weekend
Old May 1st 2015, 9:01 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to KL with twin babies

Just to say Welcome to the forum and best of luck with the move. Hope it goes smoothly.
Old May 1st 2015, 11:59 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Just to say Welcome to the forum and best of luck with the move. Hope it goes smoothly.
Very tactful, BB
Old May 1st 2015, 12:14 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Well...not enough knowledge of central KL to be helpful. Hopefully some KL residents can answer. Anyway, I'm not a big fan of KL.
Old May 2nd 2015, 4:55 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gravysmuggler
Good Morning Everyone!

..moving to KL with our twins...around KLCC ... Do you know what the buggie/stroller access is like? Any insight/thoughts much appreciated.
Hi Gravy Smuggler,

Good luck with your move. I think you'll be OK with a buggy in and around KLCC. You may want to buy baby sun umbrella attachments though.

I expect, but don't know, that you'll find a bigger and better range of buggies and accessories on sale in the UK than in Malaysia.

I would suggest a narrow buggy (one baby behind the other) would be much easier to use in the city than a wide buggy (babies side by side).

Any Mums or Dads in KL have any thoughts on this?

JC3
Old May 2nd 2015, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

I'd suggest getting a maid....better still...get two!
Get those that know how to wrap infants in a shawl and strap around the neck and to their sides...no need for a buggy...that's what locals do.
Old May 2nd 2015, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Nakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond reputeNakrob has a reputation beyond repute

Buggy access is variable. Pavements are hit and miss and sometimes difficult to pass. However, you soon learn the best ways to get from A to B with the buggy, even if it's twice as far. You shouldn't have a problem. We have friends with twins in a side by side buggy and they live right beside twin towers.
Baby equipment is more expensive. Clothes ok but hardware more costly. A few mothercare outlets around for essentials.
We wanted to live near the park but in all honestly with the little one when we arrived it was too hot or too sunny most times that we normally only go on a weekend.
Tonnes of expats and tonnes of mums so you should settle in easily with kids.
Good luck