British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/)
-   -   Moving to KL in August - SCARED & Excited!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/moving-kl-august-scared-excited-790837/)

pagie22 Mar 17th 2013 1:16 pm

Moving to KL in August - SCARED & Excited!!

Hello,

I'm new to this forum thing but thought I would give it a go.

I've just accepted a job at Sri KDU international school in kota damansara and will be flying out to KL in August (I think it's 2 weeks before the school term starts)

Anyone got any tips on places to live?

I will be moving with my partner who hasn't yet got himself a job - He is a qualified PE teacher - would this be any benefit to him once in KL? or is it useless if he hasn't got a job prior to leaving the UK?

The school sort most things out for myself but not for him so this is our main concern at the moment - Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

bakedbean Mar 17th 2013 1:24 pm

Re: Moving to KL in August - SCARED & Excited!!

Hello there. Just to say welcome to the forum. All the best with your move :thumbup:

RACH_T Mar 17th 2013 2:06 pm

Ive sent you a private message....I start at the smae in school in Aug too! x

bakedbean Mar 17th 2013 2:10 pm

Hi Rach. Pagie needs one more post before the PM function will work.

pagie22 Mar 17th 2013 4:28 pm

does that mean that I just need to post?

wanderlust81 Mar 17th 2013 5:30 pm

Just thought I'd post in here too so I can get my posts over 3! It would be great to have a chat with both of you through private message and share info/advice etc. So much to think about!

wanderlust81 Mar 17th 2013 5:36 pm

Whoops, forgot to mention I'm going to the same school. Posted in another thread and then forgot I hadn't mentioned that here! Anyway, look forward to finding out more about future colleagues...

pagie22 Mar 17th 2013 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by wanderlust81 (Post 10609218)
Whoops, forgot to mention I'm going to the same school. Posted in another thread and then forgot I hadn't mentioned that here! Anyway, look forward to finding out more about future colleagues...

Send another post as for some reason this forum won't let you private message without 3 posts!! Sooo excited!!

nonthaburi Mar 17th 2013 6:22 pm

good luck to you all .

wanderlust81 Mar 17th 2013 8:44 pm

Thank you!

bakedbean Mar 18th 2013 1:58 am

Originally Posted by pagie22 (Post 10609272)
Send another post as for some reason this forum won't let you private message without 3 posts!! Sooo excited!!

I think it's to deter spammers. Anyway.... think you're all over the 3+ posts now, so PM away. Good luck to you all.

ajw Mar 18th 2013 3:01 am

Hi Paige

Congrats on the new job. A quick comment regarding your partner. If he has good qualifications and experience working within the UK school system then he would be in a excellent position to get a job at an international school here. If there is nothing full time going initially then he could start of by doing supply teaching and then move into something more permanent after that. Schools are willing to arrange working visa's for the right people.

Cheers
ajw

JB24 Mar 20th 2013 9:59 pm

Hi all, me and my fiancé are also starting at Sri KDU International this year!
Would love to hear any information/local insight you have been given so far! It's a very exciting and nervous time!

JB x

Toby Tyke Mar 26th 2013 12:02 am

Wow is there anybody who doesn't work at Sri KDU!
I start there next week. Can't wait to get started. Hopefully I will be able to offer advice and assistance for you all.

kennyboy33 Mar 26th 2013 3:15 am

I work there. As do my whole family.

Actually my entire Jalan currently works there .

I don't know, nor have ever met anyone who doesnt work there.

small world eh

;)