Moving to KL in August

Old Apr 30th 2012, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Nic-inthesun is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving to KL in August

Hi there My husband,myself and our two girls aged 13 and 10 are relocating to KL in August. We are hoping they will get a place at Alice Smith and we have sorted out a house in Mont Kiara Hills. Can anyone give me any tips on the best way to get the girls to meet friends and settle in quickly? Is it safe for my oldest child to go to the mall herself with friends? Does anyone know a way for me to contact any families currently in year 5 or 7 at Alice Smith? Any ideas how long it will take in the bus to get from our house to the senior school? Any other hints tips or advice very much appreciated!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 5:31 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to KL in August

Hi Nic and to the forum. There's already a thread on this very subject here. Have a read of that one and maybe tag onto it?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=Alice

I just did a search on Malaysia forum for "Alice" and quite a lot of threads come up. Try browsing through the forum for some other threads. Quite a lot of people in the same boat as you, so you should get some good tips on here.

By the way, the search button is up on the blue bar, top right corner, if you want to do any searches.

All the best with your planning. I can't help very much as I'm up in Penang living the life of Reilly
Old Apr 30th 2012, 5:45 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info. I will definitely try the search button. We are from Scotland but currently live in Cyprus. It's a daunting thought relocating but I have not heard one expat saying they did not like living in KL so I hope we will also be the same!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 6:21 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

As to whether you let your eldest child go out by herself is a decision only you can make but please note my recent post which highlights the case of a 12 year old expat boy who was abducted outside the Mont Kiara International School last Friday. He is yet to be located. As an expat here I am have been guilty of living in little bubble where nothing really negative happens to us and people we know, however, crimes against children is a very real threat in this country.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 7:45 am
Just Joined

I read the case of the kidnapping - it is absolutely awful. I feel so terrible for the parents. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through right now. I just pray they get him back soon.