Reload this Page >

Moving to KL in Aug 2013

Moving to KL in Aug 2013

Old Aug 7th 2013, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

RACH_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to KL in Aug 2013

Hello, fellow KL people....

How exciting..... 1 week today! I cant beleive how quickly the time has passed. Does anyone know if the school have covered us with travel insurance? I kow we have basic medical cover once we are there but not really sure if it will cover anything like baggage loss for travelling to KL?

See you at check in

Rach x
Old Aug 8th 2013, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

regularjohn00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, I don't know how I only just found this forum but I am also starting at SRI KDU International school in September and also fly from heathrow on the 14th, 12 o clock. I'd be up for meeting other teachers at the airport too.

Feeling like I've been pretty slack gathering information compared to many of you on here, so if anyone has any good advice regarding accommodation (or anything else for that matter!) I'd be very grateful for sharing.

What is everyone teaching?

I was planning on looking for accommodation in those first two weeks but based on what i've been reading here perhaps i better start now. (If anyone has any rough ideas about prices i'd be very interested)

Are you all looking to drive when you get there?

I saw a few posts about shipping, I can confirm the school is paying for me to ship 1 cubic metre of stuff out there.

Sorry for the 200 questions.

Old Dec 26th 2013, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

lovinglife23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to KL in Aug 2013

Greetings All! I have been monitoring the Malaysia board for a while, and I just stumbled upon this one. Can any teaches comment on the school they are working at, either through a post or a direct PM to me? I noticed there are people from Nexus and SRI Int'l here. I'd like to know more about the school, the working environment, and how competitive the hiring process is. Thanks!
Old Dec 27th 2013, 12:20 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello...just to say to the forum.
Old Dec 28th 2013, 1:08 am
Just Joined

lovinglife23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hello...just to say to the forum.
Thanks Baked Bean!!!
Old May 24th 2014, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

racheladele is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All,

I'm not sure if anyone is still using this forum - but I thought I would message and see if I get a response.
I am travelling out to KL for a position at Sri KDU this summer and am looking for contacts for when I arrive.
I was wondering if any one has up-to date advice on where to live and what the schedule will be for upon arrival? Is two weeks long enough to find a place to live?

Thanks,
R
Old May 25th 2014, 12:27 am
Just Joined

MashedPotatoesEater is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I work in srikdu, the school will organise a day with an estate agent. For condos, they ill advise you Riana Green which is a beautiful condo but it is far from shops and school.you will need to buy a car if you live there. Remember that u sign a lease contract for one year so you cant move accomodation without losing money. I suggest that you look at condos arroung dataran giza (25 minutes) walk to school. Malaysia is really hot so walking to school is a nightmare because you will be sweating a lot. Other condos like palm springs, really cheap, it is because it is not safe. People breaking in your accomodation is not a safe option. A lot of teacher are living in Riana Green but are thinking to move out because of location. The others, they live in Casa Indah 1 or 2, they like it because it is close to shopping area and school. Swimming pool is facing the carpark though so it is not that great! If you dont buy a car, you will rely a lot on taxis and in Riana Green it is a nightmare to get a taxi to go out sometimes, when u wait more than 30 minutes in the heat .... You want a car
Old May 25th 2014, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Moving to KL in Aug 2013

Thanks for your quick reply mashepotato!
i would prefer not to have to buy a car. I was considering walking or cycling to school. Is there shower facilities at school that I could use?

do you know of any teachers living in Cova suites / Cova Villa or Casa Tropicana?

I'm coming over to KL alone and hoping to find someone to rent with - will the estate agents help me with finding someone?

Will I be put in touch with anyone from my department at the school before arriving at Sri KDU?

Last question...promise...are there any items you suggest bringing over from the UK that are hard to find here?

Thanks Rachel
Old May 25th 2014, 8:43 am
Just Joined

pagie22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by racheladele
Thanks for your quick reply mashepotato!
i would prefer not to have to buy a car. I was considering walking or cycling to school. Is there shower facilities at school that I could use?

do you know of any teachers living in Cova suites / Cova Villa or Casa Tropicana?

I'm coming over to KL alone and hoping to find someone to rent with - will the estate agents help me with finding someone?

Will I be put in touch with anyone from my department at the school before arriving at Sri KDU?

Last question...promise...are there any items you suggest bringing over from the UK that are hard to find here?

Thanks Rachel

Just sent you a message x
Old May 25th 2014, 10:19 am
Just Joined

I think i need to send one more message before I can read private messages...here it goes!
Old May 26th 2014, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

I cycle to school, it is a nightmare ! I am sweaty , sticky every morning not a nice feeling before teaching !!! I would not recommend ! Cova square/suites is not recommended as lots of students live there ! Not a great condo !
Old May 26th 2014, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Bring lots of toiletries! Every cream has whitening agent here !!!
Old May 27th 2014, 1:18 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MashedPotatoesEater
Bring lots of toiletries! Every cream has whitening agent here !!!
Ah that's not true....you need to look around a bit sometimes but you can find.
Old May 27th 2014, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Well, it depends on your budget. Watsons and guardians have brands like loreal, garnier , etc they have wwhitening agent on most products! Hair colour, you will find any shades of black. Try to find ginger or blond it is quite limited ! So definitely toiletries ! You can find every thing western in Malaysia but it comes with a higher price than home. The same applies for chinese coing to the uk .
Old May 27th 2014, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the tips on toiletries! Do either of you work at Sri KDU? I was considering cycling or walking...do they have showers available to use before work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.