Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

move set for 3rd Dec...lots of questions

move set for 3rd Dec...lots of questions

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

joamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud of
Question move set for 3rd Dec...lots of questions

Hi All,

Just returned from a wonderful trip to KL where i signed a contract to start in KL in Dec

I've got lots of questions i'm hoping someone might have some answers for me.

We are thinking of the Australian school for my daughter, does anyone have any experience of this school; good or bad?
We are also thinking of living out in Gita Bayu....it was so serene and peaceful out there! Beautiful houses, lovely pool, we were blown away. Does anyone have a realistic idea of how long it will take to get to Midvalley from GituBayu (in rush hour). I was thinking of getting the train from Serdang but its the KTM komuter station and i hear its not very reliable. Would we be better off looking at another area to live in?

Can anyone recommend a car leasing company? We were thinking of leasing rather than buying a car.

Also it is my husband who is not going to be working, i can see lots of support for accompanying wives, but has anyone heard of anything similar for accompanying husbands?

Thanks for any advice you are able to offer....can't wait for Dec to come around!
Old Sep 24th 2010, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of
Default Re: move set for 3rd Dec...lots of questions

I have to admit I had not even heard of Gta bayu and had to look it up. But I knew Serdang in the old days and was a nice area...mostly oil palm in those days and the Agric. Uni.

KTM is really not so bad and finally money is being spent to upgrade. Otherwise traffic out that side can be a nightmare.

Being retired now, I'm out of touch with Schools...but being biased if its Australian then it MUST be good!!

Support for your husband is another matter. There are heaps of clubs around, but they become expensive and eventually a bore. Having a few guys to hang out with would be an option, but would probably need to look at retirees as being some available. If he has a particular hoby, it may help and may find others with similar interest.

Strider24
Old Sep 24th 2010, 7:15 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: move set for 3rd Dec...lots of questions

Not sure about car leasing, but there's a thread about long term car rental here http://www.my2home.info/index.php/topic,672.0.html

The thread's a little bit old but mentions Mayflower in KLIA and someone paying RM 2600 a month (all in) for a Vios.