Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

MM2H visa application.....would you do it yourself!

MM2H visa application.....would you do it yourself!

Old Oct 21st 2010, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

redbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant future
Default MM2H visa application.....would you do it yourself!

Hi

I have decided to apply for the MM2H visa but here comes the sticking point, the cost!

So I was wondering how many MM2Hers who had applied or decided to apply for the visa themselves instead of using an agent? If you have done it privately, how successful were you?

What sort of tips would you give someone who is considering doing it privately instead of through an agent.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 4:02 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H visa application.....would you do it yourself!

Tips: do a lot of research; talk to friends who have done it.

I went through an agent in KL (Joy Stay) who was low-cost compared with some others and I would have to say that if I did it all over again, I would use her again. The problem for me was that we were living in another country and it's not so easy dealing with the relevant authorities if you're not actually in Malaysia, and they keep mucking about with the rules and regulations too.

If you're already living in Malaysia or are planning a long stay in Malaysia, then try the private route. A lot of people have succeeded. Best of luck
Old Oct 24th 2010, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

parker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to allparker-waterman is a name known to all

I'd go to www.my2home.info which tells you how to do it.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

redbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant futureredbean has a brilliant future

Thanks for the link.

Btw, has anyone tried submitting an application online in the MM2H official site. I did but the damn site kept crashing that I am giving up and decide to submit hard copies instead.

redbean
Old Nov 4th 2010, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by redbean
Hi

I have decided to apply for the MM2H visa but here comes the sticking point, the cost!

So I was wondering how many MM2Hers who had applied or decided to apply for the visa themselves instead of using an agent? If you have done it privately, how successful were you?

What sort of tips would you give someone who is considering doing it privately instead of through an agent.
Get together your basics as per the list from MM2H site. Especially "letter of good conduct", bank statements showing 3 consecutive months deposit over M$350,000 equivalent, doctors reports etc. Then come to KL and "live" at Putra World Trade Centre floor 23 and ask questions. They are helpful and will steer you in the right direction. ...and have plenty of time up your sleeve.
Note if you want MM2H for the Peninsular only, then apply in KL. If you want Peninsular and Sabah, then apply in KK. If you want the lot, then apply in Kuching....don't ask!!
Old Nov 4th 2010, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

I have just read this in the Star newspaper and as it may affect MM2H, I would wait for the announcement.

"The Prime Minister said the Talent Corporation was launched to try and retain those who had been trained and to persuade Malaysians living abroad to return.

“We will also be more open and welcome foreigners who want to work here. We will make it easier for them to work, get a visa or PR to stay here.

“There is going to be a huge change in government policies."
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:04 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Strider24
We will make it easier for them to work, get a visa or PR to stay here.

So you reckon that includes make it easier to get MM2H? Well, a lot of folks will be happy about that for sure
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bakedbean
So you reckon that includes make it easier to get MM2H? Well, a lot of folks will be happy about that for sure
The fact that the article says easier to work including visa'a and PR makes me live in hope.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

evop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really niceevop is just really nice

Originally Posted by Strider24
I have just read this in the Star newspaper and as it may affect MM2H, I would wait for the announcement.

"The Prime Minister said the Talent Corporation was launched to try and retain those who had been trained and to persuade Malaysians living abroad to return.

“We will also be more open and welcome foreigners who want to work here. We will make it easier for them to work, get a visa or PR to stay here.

Great news thanks for the message.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 5:44 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is the wording for the Letter of Good Conduct;

7. Letter of Good Conduct from your relevant government agency ;
i) The police authority of the applicant’s home country; or
ii) The Embassy of the applicant’s home country based in Malaysia provided that the LGC issued by the Embassy has made a reference to the respective police authority and the LGC must be attested by the Embassy.

What happens if the applicant has not lived in his/her "home country" for 10-15 years as is probably the case with many expatriates?
Old Nov 20th 2010, 7:44 am

When I did my application last year, the agent I used (Joy-Stay), contacted MM2H office saying that I couldn't easily get the LGC (Letter of Good Conduct) from my home country and they said they would accept the LGC from the country I was then living in (Thailand) or country I used to live in. I lived in another Asian country prior to that. It all worked out fine. I got one from Bangkok.

But that was last year. I guess you need to contact an agent, or contact MM2H direct, or keep a close eye on that other forum (already mentioned on here).