MM2H 10year Renewal

Old Dec 7th 2018, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MM2H 10year Renewal

The rebranding happened about 15 years ago as they allowed applicants under 50 to join (not simply retirees). Note the differences with the current program. Original "Silver Hair Program" https://www.cuti.my/v1/Sub/Labuan/guide_silverhair.htm Only one year extensions after the first 5 year term!
The "original MM2H" 2003. IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT MALAYSIA
No withdrawal facility for property, health or education costs existed. There was a two "prong" procedure, but visas were issued only for five years. And they "promised" you'd be notified in 30 days!

Last edited by RedApe; Dec 7th 2018 at 11:06 am.
Old Dec 9th 2018, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nks900
SushiFan, that makes absolute sense! Why didn't I think of that? Ten years ago we had to visit 3 separate offices to complete the procedure:- PWTC in KL, Immigration office in Jalan Duta, then PutraJaya.
You can get a sheet of paper (green color) there with all requirements for the different actions like renewal, bring in kids and so on. Very useful.

Originally Posted by Gunnar45
'Journey performed' Visa charges (RM600+) could apply under certain circumstances, I am however not sure which they are.
Maybe if you get your visa stamp after the old visa has expired?
Yes, you must enter Malaysia bringing also the old passport while the visa is still valid. And not start the renewal process only a few days before the old visa finishes. Then you can avoid to pay the JPV again and again. Which would be a hell of money for a family of 4.
Old Apr 8th 2019, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Pat in europe is on a distinguished road

When I applied (2008) it was 150k of which 90 could be withdrawn for approved expenses.
But the program was called MM2H.
Hi all,
Please enlighten me on my understanding of the renewal requirements. I got approved with Fixed Deposit RM150k and fulfillment of all other criteria (particularly sufficient liquid assets and offshore income or RM 10k per month).
For future renewal, based on Fixed Deposit Criteria, the requirement seems to be simply maintaining a FD of the same amount (RM 150k), but no steady monthly income (government pension or otherwise) is needed.
Am I correct? I am just a bit confused of the logic: why more financial requirements for first time application than for renewal?
Old Apr 8th 2019, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pat,
I renewed last year.
I did it through the same agent as I used when originally applying.
Anyway, at first he asked me to provide proof of income, etc, but then it boiled down to me only having to show that I still had my FD intact.
(For me it was only 60k as I had withdrawn 90k for condo purchase)
And I had to get a medical cert as well, easily done at any clinic, just see to that you have the right (latest version) form.
Plus sign some documents at my agents office.

So:
- Proof of FD (Lien letter from the bank, they issue this free of charge, just walk in. I think I gave a copy of the original FD certificate to the agent as well.
- Medical examination (very simple)
- Some application forms to be signed.
After submittal I think it took two weeks before I got it.

Regarding more requirements at initial application, there may be some logic to that.
Like that they don't know you then so you have to prove to be 'worthy'
At your renewal you have already been 'orthy' for ten years so no no need for that now.
And, more simply, because the MM2H rules stipulate this :-)

Gunnar

Last edited by Gunnar45; Apr 8th 2019 at 10:59 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Pat in europe is on a distinguished road

Hi Pat,
Anyway, at first he asked me to provide proof of income, etc, but then it boiled down to me only having to show that I still had my FD intact.
Gunnar
Thanks Gunnar for the reply.
Actually, renewal time for me is still far away, but I am assessing the risks regarding purchasing property there for self-use: I don't want to see myself settled down there and then one day they decide not to renew my long-stay visa.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

During the last couple of months have I met multiple people who had to renew their MM2H as their ten year period had come to a close. All of them answered me that they were not asked to show any proof of income. Have the correct application form, show that you still have the FD, and that you are in good health, was sufficient for them to receive a new ten year MM2H visa. On top of that was their procedure very smooth: they only had to wait a couple of weeks. Whereas the waiting time for new MM2H applicants has risen to many months.