Migrating to Malaysia

Old Jun 4th 2010, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

stream is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migrating to Malaysia

Originally Posted by khurram
you will have it within a year insha Allah. don't worry. They do what they commit. I didn't go for canada before because they told me it would take about 6 years. I couldn't wait that long. I had and have some reasons for which I wanted to leave country within a year. DIAC told me that it will take a year so I applied for Australia. Meanwhile, Canada improved it's system and now they process application within about 10 months. And if your occupation is really in demand over there, it can be faster. I asked DIAC if they could refund my money but they refused. And now, when 1 year is passed, I am still waiting for even PCC and Meds request. Well, I just gave my opinion here. I can't do anything but just wait. I have also applied for Malaysia and if I get a job there, I will spend a couple of years in Malaysia and then think abouit moving to Australia if I get visa.
can you let me know how to apply for Malayian immigration, the amount and procedure required for that. It would be a great favour from your side.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Ahnissi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: June 2009 Visa Applicants

Originally Posted by stream
can you let me know how to apply for Malayian immigration, the amount and procedure required for that.
Hi stream,

You need a job offer from Malaysian employer. The employer will take care of your work permit application and will advise which documents are required.

Please note that there's no pathway between a work permit and a permanent residency in Malaysia. The only way to stay here permanently is to marry a local and even that doesn't guarantee you PR status.

Last edited by Ahnissi; Jun 4th 2010 at 7:40 am.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

stream is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by khurram
I haven't applied for Malaysian immigration. My friends are working there and I have applied for different jobs over there. I would prefer Malaysia for the time being because living standard is very good and I can take my whole family with siblings and parents with me easily within 2 months.
Thanks Khurram. can you advise me some way to find the job in Malaysia. i mean some website (an effective one), recruiting agency,etc.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:11 am
Siozakk

khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice

Originally Posted by stream
Thanks Khurram. can you advise me some way to find the job in Malaysia. i mean some website (an effective one), recruiting agency,etc.
you apply there through agencies usually. my friends keep telling me whenever they come to know about a job or there is any position vacant in their own company. you know mostly references help u inis matter. Otherwise it becomes very hard.

Last edited by khurram; Jun 4th 2010 at 10:11 am. Reason: spelling correction