British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/)
-   -   Malaysian Digital Vaccination Certificate - check (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/malaysian-digital-vaccination-certificate-check-941402/)

Hedge Nov 3rd 2021 8:03 am

Malaysian Digital Vaccination Certificate - check

Its quite possible that a nasty side effect of being double jabbed with Sinovac in Malaysia is it turns you Irish!!

All other documentation on MySejahtera shows correct nationality. I'm guessing its the second jab that transformed me into an Irishman to be sure.

Its now hard work convincing the helpdesk otherwise. Hope it was just confined to me. Worth checking as it could flag up when you travel.

H

Scuba Tyke Nov 3rd 2021 9:19 am

Re: Malaysian Digital Vaccination Certificate - check

Yeah, my digital certificate has me down as Ukrainian! I guess they didn't get past the 'Uk' part far enough.

Hedge Nov 3rd 2021 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Scuba Tyke (Post 13068079)
Yeah, my digital certificate has me down as Ukrainian! I guess they didn't get past the 'Uk' part far enough.

That's funny. Well they certainly got to the end of my nationality...& N.I.... and decided I'm Irish.

PoolieAbroad Nov 4th 2021 3:06 am

I got promoted to 'Malaysian' :sarcasm: and the help desk is as useless as the proverbial chocolate fireguard.
Nothing they suggest works, well they suggest YOU choose your CORRECT nationality. ( ahh so its my fault it does not work)
After a few complaining messages plus screen shot proof they just ignore me now.
So so be it............Maybe Malaysians will get the third jab quicker!!

Gunnar45 Nov 4th 2021 11:45 am

The pdf printout of the digital certificate states that my nationality is Malaysian.
However, in hte profile data on the app is says that my passport was issued in Sweden. (Which is correct)
I have written to the helpdesk about it, but no response or corrective action.

Hedge Nov 4th 2021 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Gunnar45 (Post 13068446)
The pdf printout of the digital certificate states that my nationality is Malaysian.
However, in hte profile data on the app is says that my passport was issued in Sweden. (Which is correct)
I have written to the helpdesk about it, but no response or corrective action.

Anothe newly minted Bumi, congratulations!! Seems like we've all written in with supporting evidence (which they have already). But its obviously been put on the too hard spike.

eCdD Nov 4th 2021 1:02 pm

well, no new nationality to me, still not exist in the VMS blockchain system :D

Epicurious Nov 5th 2021 12:25 am

Originally Posted by eCdD (Post 13068489)
well, no new nationality to me, still not exist in the VMS blockchain system :D

Go to MySJ Profile, My personal details, and untick the box that says "Passport number is the same as the one used when I registered for the mySJ app." Then fill in the same passport number, select your country of origin and save. Your certificate QR codes should now show when requested.

eCdD Nov 5th 2021 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Epicurious (Post 13068665)
Go to MySJ Profile, My personal details, and untick the box that says "Passport number is the same as the one used when I registered for the mySJ app." Then fill in the same passport number, select your country of origin and save. Your certificate QR codes should now show when requested.

Thanks. If I do so I cannot save because "Nothing has been modified".
But I maybe have a idea now where these new nationalities mentioned here come from.

Hedge Nov 5th 2021 10:02 am

Thanks Epic. But didn't work for me. I even followed the suggestion and made myself Italian, digital certificate regenerated and confidence was high. But no - still Irish. I changed from Italian to British, same - Irish.

Epicurious Nov 5th 2021 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by eCdD (Post 13068719)
Thanks. If I do so I cannot save because "Nothing has been modified".
But I maybe have a idea now where these new nationalities mentioned here come from.

How about putting in a false passport number, saving that, then go back and edit it to the correct one??

PoolieAbroad Nov 5th 2021 2:38 pm

I tried fake passport numbers, real ones, same ones, Then I tried numerous different nationalities...............Everything came back Malaysian. I could not think of anything else to change. I've pretty much given up as the help desk refuse to reply. Thankfully no intention to travel for a long time so will just hope they fix it one day

Gunnar45 Nov 6th 2021 2:57 am

I got a response from Mysejathera team today. They basically advised me to do as Epicurious did in #8 above.
But nothing is wrong there, it is only the ''Vaccinee Details'' of the pdf printout ''DIGITAL CERTIFICATE for COVID-19 VACCINATION'' which says that my nationality is Malaysian. The personal details information in the app itself is correct.
I have now replied to the team and clarified my point....

BTW, I also tried to change personal details in the way Poolie Abroad did,
I even tried with 'Irish'. But no change, still 'Malaysian'.

RedApe Nov 7th 2021 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Hedge (Post 13068087)
That's funny. Well they certainly got to the end of my nationality...& N.I.... and decided I'm Irish.

U.K.& N.I.? [Which seems redundant for the N.I. part]

But maybe you missed a bullet...you could have been identified as from Niger, or Nicaragua, or Nigeria. Or even the Nicobar Islands. Smile

Hedge Nov 30th 2021 1:38 pm

Just an update. Nothing of use back from Helpdesk. I'm still Irish. But, I went for the Booster today, and the lady on the desk was helpful and sent a message in the system (yes, maybe helpdesk) to rectify. So we'll see.

From another angle though, if you scan your digital passport with the QR Verifier, all details including passport number are shown - but strangely NOT nationality. So after all that, it probably doesn't matter.

Hedge Dec 16th 2021 2:28 am

Finally, my nationality has been updated to British. This was obviously achieved when I reported it at the time of my Booster, 2 weeks ago.

RedApe Dec 16th 2021 4:15 am

Congrats...no longer do you have to join a ceilidh band.:britflag: Get thee to a mummery.

Hedge Dec 16th 2021 9:29 am

Thanks. Absolutely smashing to be British again. To be sure Ooops