British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/)
-   -   Malaysia Most Popular South East Asian Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/malaysia-most-popular-south-east-asian-forum-719775/)

the troubadour Jun 6th 2011 10:05 am

Malaysia Most Popular South East Asian Forum
 
We seem to be the most popular South East Asian Forum outgunning the Thai,Honkers,Singapore and Philippino forums.

Besides having a number of dedicated posters many folk appear to check with far more frequencey the threads than the others.(from my observation)

Is this a sign that Malaysia is becoming more known and as such as a place of interest?

Would have thought Thailand would have headed the popularity stakes?

Let's hope we can get more of the folk looking in to contribute thoughts or ask questions and develop the Malay forum to even greater heights.

Strider24 Jun 7th 2011 2:12 am

Re: Malaysia Most Popular South East Asian Forum
 
Maybe there is a greater concentration of Brits and commonwealth bods generally retiring to Malaysia...and we are a talkative lot...the old retired ones especially....and why not?;)

the troubadour Jun 7th 2011 2:24 am

Re: Malaysia Most Popular South East Asian Forum
 

Originally Posted by Strider24 (Post 9415158)
Maybe there is a greater concentration of Brits and commonwealth bods generally retiring to Malaysia...and we are a talkative lot...the old retired ones especially....and why not?;)

Actually I would say that there are countless more living up in Thailand and even Cambodia for that matter.

Malaysia is perhaps more suited to couples? The other two countries mentioned are generally fellows whom have married local women ans moved to Isaan or elsewhere.

nonthaburi Jun 7th 2011 5:03 am

Re: Malaysia Most Popular South East Asian Forum
 
Perhaps there's nothing to do in Malaysia so the people there are bored and that's why there are more of them on here.:rofl:

that was a joke before anyone jumps on me , but it might be because there are a lot of local Thai forums that people go on and maybe there aren't in Malaysia ? Just a guess. What local Malay forums are out there ?

bakedbean Jun 7th 2011 5:14 am

Re: Malaysia Most Popular South East Asian Forum
 
I think Nonthaburi has hit nail on head - latter part of posting that is ;) There's quite a lot of Thai forums. Not so many Malaysian ones that I know of, apart from the specialist ones.

Forums go in fits and starts though, don't they. Sometimes it's real quiet on here. It's what you make them. Without posters, well, they'd be nothing - and good moderation so important (took me a while to realise that).

the troubadour Jun 7th 2011 6:26 am

Re: Malaysia Most Popular South East Asian Forum
 
I think so as well. Also a different crowd are attracted to Malaysia,I feel. Some of the Thai Forums I drop into are rather raunchy,with language that would not necessary be accepted on BE.

nonthaburi Jun 7th 2011 7:47 am

Re: Malaysia Most Popular South East Asian Forum
 

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 9415478)
I think so as well. Also a different crowd are attracted to Malaysia,I feel. Some of the Thai Forums I drop into are rather raunchy,with language that would not necessary be accepted on BE.

Have you been onto Teakdoor ? Gets a bit heavy in there !

the troubadour Jun 7th 2011 7:52 am

Re: Malaysia Most Popular South East Asian Forum
 

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 9415638)
Have you been onto Teakdoor ? Gets a bit heavy in there !

That's what I was referring to. BE would be a little on the boring not to say tame for most of those hard core folk.
Fun though.

nonthaburi Jun 7th 2011 7:59 am

Re: Malaysia Most Popular South East Asian Forum
 

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 9415641)
That's what I was referring to. BE would be a little on the boring not to say tame for most of those hard core folk.
Fun though.

stiff upper lip old chap !

the troubadour Jun 7th 2011 8:05 am

Re: Malaysia Most Popular South East Asian Forum
 

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 9415649)
stiff upper lip old chap !

Indeed. And replace a thin skin with one a slightly more robust.

bakedbean Jun 7th 2011 8:40 am

Re: Malaysia Most Popular South East Asian Forum
 
Ahem... of course we are not allowed to discuss other forums under the BE site rules :ohmy: but I found that Thai one very juvenile, but probably as it's mostly men posting on there :p

the troubadour Jun 7th 2011 9:02 am

Re: Malaysia Most Popular South East Asian Forum
 

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 9415714)
Ahem... of course we are not allowed to discuss other forums under the BE site rules :ohmy: but I found that Thai one very juvenile, but probably as it's mostly men posting on there :p

Come to think of it there are barely any women at all. I would imagine that the content and language would not be conjusive to the eyes of many ladies,indeed juvenile is a word that comes to mind at times.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:54 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.